1999 FRM Race Ready Arc - plexus like- upgraded to december

Sithlord":3d45q8jq said:
Nice fella, I am not sure on the blue for the seatpost though.. :? , would have gone red on the post and blue bars.. ;) but still very nice.. :shock: :shock: DISC on the front.. :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

:D
Weel, my project would be to add something on the red side on front, like a ringlé stem.. :)
We see the result as soon as it'd be finished ;)
I know, I know. . . disk. but it's so smooth, cool and something "geek" bolted on the carbon fork :D
Mumble. . . :roll: I'd need a ritchey rigid carbon fork :D

cyb

And here we are, another step :)

16052010121.jpg

Put on some good things, a red moby, 98 or 99 (not 100% sure) sid and changed old blue crankset (with 2x9 ritchey kit) with this one.
Now I use 24-38 rings with a 11-34 cassette.
16052010125.jpg

Putted on it a 952 rear mech and zeroflex rear v's, soon I'll use the complete set of them ;)
16052010128.jpg

cyb

Here we go, another step. :)
I mumble a lot about this frame and every month I do something, even if I don't ride it a lot (just few times since I got it). :)
Here's a complete bike's pic:

frm gc1 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

Started with a double crankset but chainline was really bad. Then I returned to standard triple and a 8s on the back.
Along a M950 8 spess cassette, 11-30, I put on a Dura Ace 7700 rear mech with some blue and red anos

frm gc2 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

I know it's not reallt correct but I do really love old Shimano thumbs, even if paired with Vs

frm gc3 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

Eventually, I used a front X517 Mavic rim, lacied to a XTR M950 hub on the rear and a old Mavic Crossland on the front.
;)

cyb

Hi,

A lot of transformations! Props for that. Fun how it makes it look so different with the changes in specs....

Could you tell me if the curved seatstays are brazed or tig'ed onto the seat tube?
Regards
jakob

cyb":21ynfm8v said:
I think that seatstays are filled brazed but i'm not really sure...
:D :D

cyb

They could be. It look very smooth in that arear. I will try get som high res pics up of my Plexus in the weekend. It definatly got brazed seat stays-seat tube fittings. It may be that it is actually build at the same factory :)... It do however have some small differences. On mine the seatstays are brased on the seat tube above the top-tube (yours are under). see pic here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183437

FRM

I've done some research on these, having just received delivery of one, Ritchey did two Plexus, one special order made by Tom, full fillet brazed and one inch head tube and this version, part Tig welded, part Fillet. This version was the lighter and used by the team. FRM were the same frame and had some deal going with Ritchey to do with sourcing the Columbus tubing. These had the standard 1-1/8th head tube. I've handled a Plexus and one of these, only the paint is different.
Super light frames, as light as Ti. Fantastic.

Back