1997 Nuke Proof Reactor hardtail

I got the roller bearings off e-bay. They weren't that expensive.
The only custom thing is the roller bearing axle so I would say the quote should be for a set of 8 of those with the notch.
I still have to look into the plastic washers if I can find something in the dimensions we need, otherwise I'll make some out of Delrin myself.
The top caps should be pretty simple (wonder if Manitou1 fork top caps would fit?, the ones that are just wedged into the top of the stanchions with a rubber O-ring)
gis_guru, I do not have the cap specs, if you can send some pictures and measurements that would help.

I will need to take a look to see if I measured them originally otherwise I will see if the shop is open and pop off one of those and make measurements.

Sounds like I did part with the top caps I could have used then. Whoops. Will need to dig through my pms and see of I can get them back, or can you knock some up?

That would be good if you could make a couple extra for me. It all sounds like this us becoming a reality. Now all we need is someone to make or find a cheap stash of rear shocks that would work. I'm currently sitting on a load of 165mm options, coil and air, plus the original noleen. I'm hoping at least one will work.

The hippietech guy said he could build the shock from scratch if you are looking for the original spec shock. It wasn't cheap I think it was in the $300 range. The setup, stroke and spring weight was odd I think 5.25" on the stroke and 800 pounds on the spring.

I would also like a set of plugs if you have the time and energy, just tack it onto what you would need payment-wise. :)

I'm not fussed about originality, just a good shock that fits inside that head tube. Most air shocks seem to have a part or two that will stick out and make that impossible.

I agree, when it looked like I couldn't rebuild the original I looked at a ton of rears and I couldn't really find anything I was willing to take a risk on. I will most likely order one from hippietech if I can't find something more modern that fits.

Any chance of a pic or two of the mounting bolts (both ends) for the forks. I've been told that the bearing search is underway and what can't be sourced will be made, and so can the mounting hardwear, I just need some detailed pics that they can use to make them from (as you've already supplied dimensions). Cheers.

Back