1996 Wilderness Trail Bikes Phoenix SE

Nope, try it yourself and see!

As for that logo, that’s up for debate!

Plenty of historical examples showing it both ways, but, for me, the Easton and 5 Degree logos have to face the rider. Every time. I also don’t care about what other people look at when I’m riding my bike. I do care what I’m staring at from the saddle tho!

And what feels wrong!

There’s another build thread on here where all this is debated heatedly with photo evidence! I’m pretty sure I linked it in my Marin build, when the same exact topic was raised!

Yes if you flip them 180º horizontally the sweep will be backwards however if you flip them vertically the sweep stays the same.
Look absolutely fine as they are though Phil.

Somewhere in this thread there is an amazing bike struggling to be seen.

Yeah, I can’t believe we’re debating Hyperlite logos (again) when there’s a Togglecam to look at and discuss!

Those bloody bars won’t be staying (with any luck) anyway!

Nor the badly installed front brake!

Honestly people… 😜

Hahaha. Thanks Radian. I was starting to think I was saying this in a foreign language! ;)
Well.... once you ask the opinion of others it makes no sense being mad at other´s opinions. :cool:
😉 I still think a pair of high end Avid levers could be a good compromise between m950 and long pull brakes. Next comes a Paul canti lever.

I’m not mad at all! Sorry if it sounded that way @Prodigal Son. I’m only messing!

😘

I do have the Ultimates that came off the S-Works, and they might well work nicely. They’d probably look better on the build right now, rather than the Suntours, that’s for sure!

But I think then I’d also feel like I just replicated what was on that bike! And, hey, it’s always fun to find a reason to buy more bike parts!

I think silver Pauls from 1996 would be a nice option, for sure.

In my head, when the build is finally done, it’ll be a lot of silver components.

Which is a shame, because I also have a great set of black Paul levers right here on another bike!

Don't you dare put that bike in my thread to shame me Kay!

; )

Only joking, any excuse to look at either of yours is always welcome!

I actually have an incoming bike/project that has Ritchey levers on it at the moment. So I'll see how I feel riding those for a bit. They certainly look the business on the white Phoenix. As does that Switchback paired with them!

Don't you dare put that bike in my thread to shame me Kay!

; )

Only joking, any excuse to look at either of yours is always welcome!

I actually have an incoming bike/project that has Ritchey levers on it at the moment. So I'll see how I feel riding those for a bit. They certainly look the business on the white Phoenix. As does that Switchback paired with them!
The bike pro catalogue says those levers are built by Dia Compe and very similar in many ways to DC ss7. I have the SS5 and apart from the play i like them a lot: light, pretty and good ergo. A pair of all black SS5 looks good.

Back