Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT bb-un72
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT pd-m737 w/ Ti axles
Hub Skewers: SHimano XTR m900
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP gold
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT fh/hb-m737/738
Nipples: Unknown
Spokes: Ritchey
Tyres: IRC Mythos (front)/Piranha Pro (rear)
Tubes: Schwalbe
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti
Seatpost: Unknown microadjust 26.8mm
Seatpost Binder: Unbranded

p5pb18701947.jpg

p5pb18708109.jpg

p5pb18701945.jpg

The brakes still need to be adjusted properly and the front end feels a bit rough when riding; I'm not sure if it is the tyre or the headset; the latter feels smooth when on the bike stand. Forks and Noleen appear to work fine, but have not been put to the test offroad yet..

:cool:

Nice :cool: are you not even slightly tempted to remove the decals and polish that lovely aluminum tubing ;)

that and the RTS-1 are the only GT's that really float my boat .... so nice and what a transformation form how it arrived

Its no secret my view on patina or to put it another way "other peoples dirt and neglect", but I'm not sure I'd want to lose all those decals in the process

on the flip side I couldn't dress it with a NOS saddle and SPD's etc as the saddle is at odd with the well worn post etc, that said I still love - the whole set up just looks so :cool:

enc":1cblfztv said:
Nice :cool: are you not even slightly tempted to remove the decals and polish that lovely aluminum tubing ;)
Not yet :LOL: ..

Retro Spud":1cblfztv said:
that and the RTS-1 are the only GT's that really float my boat .... so nice and what a transformation form how it arrived

Its no secret my view on patina or to put it another way "other peoples dirt and neglect", but I'm not sure I'd want to lose all those decals in the process

on the flip side I couldn't dress it with a NOS saddle and SPD's etc as the saddle is at odd with the well worn post etc, that said I still love - the whole set up just looks so :cool:

I wanted to equip it with a Flite and this is the one I had spare: it's better used than kept in the box!
And the pedals I've been running for a while now on other bikes, it's my favorite pair and I'm really careful with them ;)

Don't know what that post is, actually, but it's OK for now; will keep my eyes open for a suitable alternative in 26.8mm.

Re:

Lovely weekend :cool:

What a nice glimpse..
p5pb18739869.jpg

Gold strike
p5pb18739875.jpg

p5pb18739872.jpg

Some good things do come from the US of A

p5pb18739871.jpg

p5pb18739873.jpg

p5pb18739867.jpg

Ready for a first ride :D
p5pb18739864.jpg

p5pb18739860.jpg

I'm going to replace the headset, since the absence of the original crown race is making the Alchemy headset difficult to control.

Did some flat riding along dry, rooty trails in a local forest and that went well. Curious to see how this bike feels when going uphill!
Can anyone advise how to adjust the Noleen? How does tightening the spring relate to using the little dial on the shock?

And there's quite some creaking coming from the seat post it seems, so I hope that can be reduced by some additional grease..

Paul R":20emocby said:
Nice enjoy it

Man, that rear end is flexy.. Apart from some persisting creaks, the rear brakes touch the tyre/rim upon pedal force, mainly when accelerating, or while climbing.
I've tried to adjust the Maguras, but no luck yet. Let's see if this is something that can be solved.

A coil shock is very different to an air shock. Tightening the spring has no effect on spring rate, it only alters ride height. For modern bikes you usually would set the preload to give 20-25% sag but I suspect that the RTS is different. It may be more like my early Whytes where you need virtually no sag. After all the purpose of the RTS was to lock up when you pedal to avoid the dreaded, energy sapping effects of bobbing. I've never ridden one but it was about the first FS bike I saw in a local shop.

Re: shock adjustment

The noleen has a compression “Clicker” on the body and rebound is the knurled bit on the shaft below spring...

Trial and error is the way...

But loosen the spring all the off and compress the bike while fiddling with the dials/knobs to see if they still work.you should see a difference in shock speeds in/out.
I’d say not but hey, best to try it....

Cracking looking bike also!!

Back