1995 'Dale m500, Pace/Coda/Hope/ControlTech/XT NOW SPLITTING

TheBear1978

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As per title, I've finally finished my 1995 Cannondale m500 rebuilt with full period spec upgrades and it now needs to be sold to allow completion of four other builds in progress.

1995 Cannondale m500 m2.8 series frameset in Iceland Green Metallic with Green Pearl Hyper-highlight.

Recently completed a full rebuild/restoration and service by Bennachie Bike Bothy (who can vouch for the bike and it's condition) with hundreds spent on both NOS and upgraded parts. If your looking for a nimble, fast, lightweight classic retro alu-framed hardtail then look no further.

Condition-wise I would give the bike 8.5 out of 10 overall, it wants for nothing and it really is a beautiful bike. Very rare in this condition and with such a great spec. The frameset is XL and 20" so suits taller MTB'ers (I am 6 ft 2 in and 33 leg).

Full-spec:

Frameset: 1995 Cannondale m500 2.8 series (identical to top-spec m2000 of era)
Forks: 1997 Pace RC36 carbon 
Headset: Tioga Alchemy 1 1/8" aheadset
Stem: ControlTech 130mm 5 deg NOS with Chris King top-cap (black)
Bars/Ends: ControlTech straight alloy in black with NOS ControlTech ControlStix bar-ends (black) (note: bars not fitted in pics)
Saddle: NOS Cannondale Coda titanium (note: not saddle not fitted in pics)
Seatpost: Original ControlTech team 27.2mm/350mm with new decals (black)
Brakes/Levers: XT m739 V-brake F+R (NOS)
Shifters: Gripshift SRT800 X-ray (NOS)
Front mech: XT m737
Rear mech: XT m737
Cassette: XT m737 8 spd
Chainset: Cannondale Coda Competition 502M CNC 22/32/42t 
Bottom bracket: Brand-new Shimano BB-UN55 112mm cartridge
Pedals: Cannondale Coda SPD (silver)
Rims: Mavic X517
Hubs: Hope Susp Ti front/Hope Tiglide rear (silver)
Skewers: Cannondale Coda Expert QR alloy black anodised
Tyres: IRC System 5 2.1"
Grips: Ritchey Truegrip WCS foam (new) 
Bottle-cage bolts: SRP black alloy (NOS 2x sets)
Chainstay protector: XT Sharkfin (NOS)

Weight: 23.2lbs

Price is £800 but may consider serious offers (parts/build cost in excess of £1k). Collection from Montrose NE Scotland or I am prepared to ship at buyers cost by prior arrangement (including overseas).

If full asking price is met will also include the original colour-coded Cannondale Pepperoni rigid forks and Force 40 braking mechanism should buyer want to revert back to full rigid set-up plus I will include a freshly polished XT m737 chainset.

If rims are not to buyers liking I can swap wheels out for a set of silver Mavic 231/Hope titanium front hub/Hope XC rear hub for the same price but the X517's look great with the paint-scheme/decals.

Please no timewasters or comments if not interested in buying, if you have any questions send me a message cheers

Re:

Hi,
I’ve been looking for a pair of Hope hubbed wheels, if either this pair or the spare set becomes available for sale separately could you let me know please?
Thanks,
Jim

Re: Re:

jimbomilleruk":1kepc5el said:
Hi,
I’ve been looking for a pair of Hope hubbed wheels, if either this pair or the spare set becomes available for sale separately could you let me know please?
Thanks,
Jim

Will let you know, see how sale progresses cheers

Re: 1995 Cannondale m500, Pace/Coda/Hope/ControlTech/full XT

Needs to go now have another build on the go that requires funds....

Re: Re:

jimbomilleruk":20knf3z2 said:
Hi,
Thanks,
Jim

PM sent regarding wheels cheers

Back