1994 Marin 'Time Warp' Bear Valley SE - Now Completed.... 20km Shake Down Test Ride

Hi, sorry to jump into this thread. I just came into possession of a lovely 94 Bear Valley SE - same as yours, sans seat post.

However I cannot figure out what inner diameter the seat tube has. Caliper gives me 26.4 to 26.6mm variations on the measurements depending on how I measure it and the time of day. Would you be so kind as to measure yours? That would let me know which diameter I should buy to restore my BVSE to its former glory - just like yours. Amazing job by the way, very inspirational! Danke!
Hi
No problem 👍Thanks for positive comments. I replaced the original seatpost like for like for a longer version as the original had been trimmed down. Both posts are 27.0mm 👍 Worth checking that the inside or your seat tube has no rust/corrosion or build of general dirt and grime which would give you a false vernier caliper reading 👍

Hi
No problem 👍Thanks for positive comments. I replaced the original seatpost like for like for a longer version as the original had been trimmed down. Both posts are 27.0mm 👍 Worth checking that the inside or your seat tube has no rust/corrosion or build of general dirt and grime which would give you a false vernier caliper reading 👍
Gosh, thanks for the seatpost diameter! The tube opening does seem to be a bit oval (reading 25.x in parts). I will give 27.0 a go then!

Also did you consider brazing disc tabs on? I'm planning to turn this into a touring bike!

So got the cabling sorted and set everything up...... only thing needed will be a proper quick release or seat post binder bolt as it's a make shift one for now. I will compile a spec list shortly but I couldn't wait to get out for test ride....... Miss Spd's so that will be my 'to do' next on the list but a great 20km shake down test ride for sure....

Warning, pic heavy content coming right up..... :)

MH8mqWxl.jpg

eg2y5V4l.jpg

vqoygQcl.jpg

DWcVipol.jpg

i0lHHRal.jpg

ejzezJOl.jpg

n1O7Imyl.jpg

EYl5G93l.jpg

e0xNE7tl.jpg

C4PK0LAl.jpg

8ypvnaql.jpg

feQLW8Jl.jpg

XO2f8Zkl.jpg

pTJYfnbl.jpg

sZTz5y2l.jpg

Thanks for tuning in :)👍
Last pic the best one, in the valley, seems like “wheatness” suits him ))

So got the cabling sorted and set everything up...... only thing needed will be a proper quick release or seat post binder bolt as it's a make shift one for now. I will compile a spec list shortly but I couldn't wait to get out for test ride....... Miss Spd's so that will be my 'to do' next on the list but a great 20km shake down test ride for sure....

Warning, pic heavy content coming right up..... :)

MH8mqWxl.jpg

eg2y5V4l.jpg

vqoygQcl.jpg

DWcVipol.jpg

i0lHHRal.jpg

ejzezJOl.jpg

n1O7Imyl.jpg

EYl5G93l.jpg

e0xNE7tl.jpg

C4PK0LAl.jpg

8ypvnaql.jpg

feQLW8Jl.jpg

XO2f8Zkl.jpg

pTJYfnbl.jpg

sZTz5y2l.jpg

Thanks for tuning in :)👍
That's exactly how my bike looked when I walked it out of the store in the early 90's ! Mine has seen many miles / km and I drove it a couple of times around the world. It doesn't look so nice any more. It broke my heart (luckily no other body parts) when I crashed it in to a flower container alongside the road. Fork, steer stem (and wheel + pen) are bended. Where did you find all the parts for this bike ?

best regards

That's exactly how my bike looked when I walked it out of the store in the early 90's ! Mine has seen many miles / km and I drove it a couple of times around the world. It doesn't look so nice any more. It broke my heart (luckily no other body parts) when I crashed it in to a flower container alongside the road. Fork, steer stem (and wheel + pen) are bended. Where did you find all the parts for this bike ?

best regards
...are bent... (apologies)

best regards
Thanks bram, sorry to hear that your BV has ended up worse for wear after so many years of service…😩 things can be replaced and repaired 👍 Google has always helped in terms of looking for parts, you just need to put in some time searching but the likes of eBay and marketplace often come up trumps too as well as on here👍

Latest posts

Back