1994 American Bicycle Manufacturer M16 build thread

racecarjohnny

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Recently purchased this American Bicycle Manufacturer M16 frame. I plan on building it up over the winter. The silver anodized chrome like finish is tough to get pictures of. The big welds are what gets me with this frame. Switch blades too. The font on the American decal is different from the previous models and I like it better. wanted to get some pictures up as I knew you all would appreciate it. Stay tuned. IMG_6167.jpeg IMG_6169.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 9
Very nice. I've always wanted one in green

Cool AF. What year is this M16?
A friend of mine came really close to getting an M16, order was placed etc but the long wait ended up with him getting a Pace instead. But these American's always get my attention. Nice chunky welds & just that boutique American MTB cool factor.

You beat me to it! 😇

I was about to start a build thread of the Comp Lite I purchased a couple of weeks ago from Germany.

Mine has this brushed colour… 54F1B334-07A3-454C-9EBF-4694CC6457AC.JPG

I am really curious to see its riding feel. I have heard that they are not that stiff like other aluminium frames.

I plan to build mine with STX and just have it as a beater for quick rides in the forest.

Ok enough with stealing your show here.

I am really curious to see how yours develops.

Have you thought matching it with an American stem and even seatpost? That would be sweet!

Good luck with the build. I am on board!

You beat me to it! 😇

I was about to start a build thread of the Comp Lite I purchased a couple of weeks ago from Germany.

Mine has this brushed colour…View attachment 798101

I am really curious to see its riding feel. I have heard that they are not that stiff like other aluminium frames.

I plan to build mine with STX and just have it as a beater for quick rides in the forest.

Have you thought matching it with an American stem and even seatpost? That would be sweet!

Will be cool to see your American as well... I'll be joining you both soon!

Cool AF. What year is this M16?
A friend of mine came really close to getting an M16, order was placed etc but the long wait ended up with him getting a Pace instead. But these American's always get my attention. Nice chunky welds & just that boutique American MTB cool factor.
You beat me to it! 😇

Mine has this brushed colour…View attachment 798101

Very cool. I’m still not 100% sure on what I’m going to do with mine. I need to find the right crankset first and go from there. I’m going to keep the existing seat post and I have a Chrome control tech with a little more rise.

Back