1993 Saracen Kili XTR Elite

Full Spec:

Frame: 1993 Saracen Kili XTR Elite Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight/Ultrastrong

Fork: 1994 Pace RC35 with Stage 2 Ti upgrade kit

Headset: 1 1/8" Dia-Compe Aheadset
Stem: Tioga Aheadstem
Handlebar: USE shimmed

Brakes: Dia-Compe 987
Brake Pads: Dia-Compe/Ritchey
Brake Cables: XTR M900
Brake Levers: X-Lite Chicken Stix

Shifters: Shimano XTR M900 pods
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M901 (Alloy Bolts)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900 (Middleburn Breakaway, Alloy Bolts)
Derailleur Cables: XTR M900
Cassette: Shimano XTR M900
Chain: Sachs
Cranks: Middleburn RS2
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Ti
Chainrings: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Hope Titanium
Pedals: Crank Bros Eggbeater SL

Hub Skewers: Control Tech
Rims: Mavic M231
Hubs: Hope Ti-Glide rear, Suspension front
Nipples: DT Alloy
Spokes: DT Double Butted
Tyres: Ritchey Z-Max WCS 2.1 'Red'

Saddle: Red label Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Pro2
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite Camlok

That is absolutely gorgeous! lovely bike and also love your Fuquay. Silver instead of the Blue ano bits would look equally as nice :)

ian

Hope this is going in boTM (if not already entered) :D

Good to see something harking back to the days when Saracen was a decent brand!

I just love seeing mint thoroughbreds having the living sh1t ridden out of them! Does me karma gland a world 'o good. :LOL:

I'm not sure if you even still have this, but if you do, please enter it in BOTM! :cool:

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for finding a few parts I need to replace on an old Saracen I have.... It`s a 1993 model but I`m not sure whether its a Traverse or a Kili Elite .. The frame color is Flamboyant Ultra Violet ... The thing is, I looked at a catalogue of Saracen bikes for 1993 and I seem to have Kili Flyer Elite parts on a frame whose color should be Ocean Blue not Ultraviolet... I want to restore the bike to its` 1993 specs but the catalogue lists only a Traverse and a Kili XTR Elite as having the Ultraviolet color... Also my forks are the rigid Max Strut Chromoly Ultra Lights and not suspension.. Only the Kili Flyer Elite offers the rigid forks option... It still has the original Tioga Alchemy headset etc.. One thing which is on my frame but nowhere in the 93 catalogue is my frame has the seat post clamp as part of the frame itself... Any help would be appreciated guys.... I want to try and restore the bike back to how it looked when I bought it in 1995 ready for next summer, at the minute I`m slumming it with a Scott and it doesn`t have the same class as an old Saracen....

Back