Sold 1993 Rock Lobster Singlespeed - frameset

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi!

After a very long process of thinking and overthinking it all over again, I decided to part with my 1992/3 Rock Lobster Singlespeed frameset. The reasons for it are manifold but money isn't one of them. Hence a fixed price and I'll keep the final decision to whom I may sell the set.

This is the original RB thread on the bike:

The short version of it: Paul Sadoff of Rock Lobster build the frame around 1993 for Santa Cruz resident and racer Pat Schott. He raced the bike in some of the most legendary bike races of recent Cali history, i.e. the Crusty Cruiser Cup and others. Eventually Schott returned the bike to Paul and he sold it to Sky Boyer from Velo Cult at some point in the 2000s. There I found it in 2015 thanks to a hint by Paul himself and bought it off from Portland.

After a while and a very cold Berlin winter I detected two cracks in the headtube along the heattube/downtube junction. The frame was then repaired by Paul who swapped the entire front triangle and built a matching fork. I got it painted by CycleArt Berlin and rode it since almost everywhere and every day for a couple of years. But when my new Lobster was finished in spring 2019 riding time on the classic race machine came to an abrupt end and in roughly a year I haven't ridden it once.

For some more pics you could just follow the one below:

New pics of the set I'll try to shoot during the next days, but at the moment its just dark and grey outside.

Sizing:

TT: 56.5cm
ST: 48cm
HT: 13cm

100/135mm

BB BSA 68mm

(I will double check the numbers)

The set will be sold including frame + fork + CK headset + Tune seatclamp. The wheelset is for sale as well for the buyer of the frameset.

Price:
1000€/860£/1175$ for the frameset

SOLD PENDING PAYEMENT!
400€/345£/475$ for the wheelset

(Payement in installments is possible)

I will ship internationally at cost.

If you have any question, feel free to send me a message.

Cheers,
Marco

Last edited:
Lovely Marco. Shame you’re selling

Not seen many Paul Sadoff Rock Lobster frames on here over the years…love the story behind it. My first singlespeed was a late 1990s Dekerf also. This framesetb predates that by quite a few years. Cool bike! GLWS

Reactions: CTK
Lovely thing indeed! I keep telling myself I don't need it..

I've still got your old Hammerschlag Bonty frame to sort out as well!

The frameset has sold. I'll put an updated advert online if someone fancies the wheelset... Cheers and thanks!
marco

Back