1993 Orange Clockwork project

Bollox64

BoTM Winner
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to forum member Kevhl, I finally have a Retro Orange frame & Fork to go with all the Orange kit I have accumulated.....

image by Bollox2u, on Flickr

This build is not intended to be as detailed as my Schwinn, but still wanna do the bike justice. I was thinking of redoing it in the classic Dayglow Orange/White fade, but;

a. I'm told the '93 didn't come in that colour
b. That will be a much more expensive paint job than a simple satin black powder coat

Let the fun begin :D

image by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Frame number A3050402

Looking forward to see what you do with it :)

You could always just stick orange stickers all over it to match the shirts :LOL: :xmas-cool:

Re:

You could definitely still get orange/white fade at the beginning of the 1993 model year. Check out the MBUK that introduce the 1993 Shimano LX groupset, hung off a orange /white fade and the various examples using the same decals as yours rather than the classic ones.

Great project. :cool:

Yes the orange white fade did run onto to 93, like Brocklanders said. The new 93 Shimano LX was put on early by Orange, around late summer 92. So like my black November 92 clockwork, it has 93 shimano Lx. Anyway at least you have an Orange stalk lite stem to set you off, just pm me when in January you would like it posted. I may have other orange bits and pieces i could help you with as well possibly. Anyway either colour looks great in my opinion.

Back