1993 Marin Team Titanium

Maybe it is also possible to make a shim out of sst tubing. I made one out of aluminum with a wall thickness of 0.6mm.
So with SST - or if you can find with titanium - I see a chance that it can be machined on a lathe.
Her two Pictures of the shims I produced for my SBike Dayona:
1786428-qba1wm7ckc4s-shim_ii-large.jpg

1786427-6dv6r2eqo5hb-shim_i-large.jpg

Fear not gents, I was testing a theory. The copper is a readily available and very malleable metal sheet to test that the shim needs to be that size - this isn't the final product!

Another one really liking this project and signing up!

Thinking the Contis go very well, I would also try a set of blackwalls as they may work well with all the other black.

Edit: and the SRP ti Manitou 2 kit find is great!

Re:

I love it!

Nice setup too!
What is this emery stuff you used to clean the fork with?

And what is the best way to re polish stuff?

Thanks in advance

Re:

I used Tin sheet for a homemade shim, added lip to stop it falling. I have different metal sheets at work and Tin was the easier I had in the correct size.

What's SST ?

I miscalculated how many Onza Ti pedals I had, and I haven't got any NOS left, so I will revisit this area at a later point. I've put some Titanium axles ones on, but they're scuffed and need a rebuild in the not too distant future. Maybe, I'll strip, paint, and rebuild them with all new parts. Anyway, the bike is finished albeit without its NOS pedals.

I really wanted the XTR grey cable outers, but couldn't find them on my searches, so HarryCrumb pointed me in the right direction - thank you, as they look so much better than Black on this build.

My thanks go to Rampage (Chris) once again, as his workmanship is fantastic. If you've not used his skills yet, then I urge you to. Whilst I use Chris for little things on the bikes, they are such high quality and really stand out.

Whilst I'm saying my thank you's - another thank you to Gil_m as his decals are superb. I'm fussy about them being exact, but he's very patient and always understanding about my requirements with accuracy.

Getting the grips on was interesting, and I now know why people cut them off. I had to boil them in water for 10 minutes to soften them up. Remove them from the boiling pan straight onto the bar, whilst using a tea towel to manipulate them up to the levers. I tried other methods before this, and nearly gave up on them, but my perseverance in wanting the correct Hex foam grips was too overwhelming!

I'm having an issue with my image hosting site, so if anyone sees these images upside down or on their side, let me know please. It's an Apple compatibility thing!

jkhx8w.jpg

5arhn4.jpg

21o8t9j.jpg

ettxqe.jpg

352otno.jpg

312i9ew.jpg

352nm28.jpg

Obviously - better than new.
Obviously - a Marin rebuild standard.
Love the attention to detail, custom bits, and those hubs....

I thought it was you, but I guess it wasn't, in regards to the seatpost.
I was remembering a Ti post redone.
So, the only thing I find fault with is the lack of a Thomson (they did start making parts in '94) post, as the etched logo style is perfect for your build.
Or, something redone along that line.....
Yes I'm being picky, and my builds (especially my '94 Marin BVSE) do not compare to yours at all.
But you set the picky standard.
A most excellent project that I'm glad you let us view as it progressed.

Back