1993 Marin Team Issue

Re: Marin Team Issue '93 - nearly there...

First ride of the year and rather than taking the modern Intense, decided to take the Marin now it's nearly complete.

Just a stem to sort and a replacement spring for the front M900 brake, then I recon she's there.

Good to give her some beans and get her muddy.

IMG_4339 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_4341 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_4342 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_4347 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_4350 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_4366 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Re: Marin Team Issue '93 - 98% completed.

Not updated this thread in a while. Took these photos last summer then it's been stored away all winter. Cant wait for spring to come so I can go for a blast again.

IMG_6061 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_6067 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_6069 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_6058 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

And finally, New vs Old

IMG_6056 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Got a more appropriate stem, but just need to get round to fitting.
Also need to source purple USE post fitments and maybe a better condition saddle. The it's done.

Re:

Just enjoyed reading your thread on this top bike, have you got round to fitting a different stem yet? It's replacement would make it perfect, just looks a bit 'chunky' with the skinny tubes.
:cool:

Re: Re:

shawnb":1casvt0h said:
Just enjoyed reading your thread on this top bike, have you got round to fitting a different stem yet? It's replacement would make it perfect, just looks a bit 'chunky' with the skinny tubes.
:cool:

Well, I've finally got the right stem for this bike. Took a long time to find something correct for it and hopefully you'll agree this one is perfect.

It's a Titanium stem made by the now defunct Global Cycles.

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

The colour match is spot on for the frame, the steerer and front plate clamps are very reminiscent of the seat clamp on the Team Issue.

Took a few photos outside in the fading light. Will try and get some better ones over the weekend if it's nice a sunny.

So there it is. The only thing that is bugging me and I must get sorted are the USE post parts that I want to swap from Blue to 3DV.

cheers
Chris

Re:

Proof that even a tiny change can make the world of difference! That's a classy looking stem and really suits the bike.
I recently changed my slightly too chunky syncros Cattleprod stem for a nickel plated skinny Ritchey stem and my bike too was transformed!
If I ever had to sell my little collection the bike I would keep would be the team issue :cool:

Back