1993 Marin Pine Mountain

hbn

Dirt Disciple
Here is my recently aquired Pine Mountain. I use it on a regular basis. It's in good well kept condition, with mostly original compontents (stem and obviously the fork and jockey wheels), and with some patina. I especially like the purple spoke nipples, however they don't really show in this photo.

What do you guys think, should i revert it back to catalogue spec with the rockstar fork and barends or keep it like this?

Also in the market for some new tires, as the Tioga Factory XC's are neither original nor fresh, and have hardened. Maybe black Panaracer Smoke/Dart?

Attachments

• marin-pine-mountain-1993-44072_3.jpg
    marin-pine-mountain-1993-44072_3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,246
  • marin-pine-mountain-1993-purple-rain-44072_5.jpg
    marin-pine-mountain-1993-purple-rain-44072_5.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,234
Re: Marin Pine Mountain 1993

The specs

Frame:
44,5 CC / Tange CrMo / original paintwork and decals. Double butted main tubes, Afterburner double butted rear frame (both chainstays and seatstays)

Fork:
Marzocchi XC400 purple anodized, air- / oil-suspension. Travel : 2" / 51 mm, Weight: ca. 1.500 g, 24 mm Stanchion Tubes

Headset:
Ritchey Expert OS 1-1/8" threaded headset

Crankset:
Shimano Deore DX FC-MT60-A

Bottom Bracket:
Shimano Deore DX BB-UN51

Pedals:
Pink(?!) generic non-original

Cog:
Shimano Deore DX CS HG70 cassette

Chainring
Shimano SG-X chainrings 26-36-46

Chain:
Shimano Deore DX CN HG70 chain

Derailleurs:
Shimano Deore XT FD-M735 front derailleur 2-speed
Shimano Deore XT RD-M735 rear derailleur 7-speed w Purple Anodized jockey wheels

Shifters:
Shimano Deore XT ST-M095 brake/shifter 2x7-speed

Handlebars:
Marin Lite Alu 170g handlebar

Stem:
EDR Aluminum Stem Purple Anodized

Saddle:
Marin Lite saddle

Seatpost:
Marin Lite 330mm 245g seat post / Purple Anodized QR

Brakes:
Shimano Deore DX BR-M651-M cantiliver brakes / Jagwire pads

Front Wheel:
Mavic M231 rim / Shimano Deore DX HB-M650 front hub 32H / Purple Anodized spoke nipples / Tioga Factory XC 1.95" F tire / Purple Anodized QR-skewer

Rear Wheel:
Mavic M231 rim / Shimano Deore DX FH-m650 rear hub 32H / Purple Anodized spoke nipples / Tioga Factory XC 1.95" R tire / Purple Anodized QR-skewer

Accessories:
Shimano Deore XT DF-M739 Shark Fin chainstay protector

Looks nice! If you ride it daily you will enjoy the XC400 suspension for sure, so I would go with this setup.

:cool: my favourite year Marins. And looks in good condition from here.

Personally i would leave as is and just ride and enjoy.

Re:

Thank you for your opinions and praise.
I’ve ordered new grips and tires

Re:

Yep, keep as is as it was obviously thoughtfully upgraded bitd. Someone's pride and joy for sure and very nice. :cool:

Re:

One of the best looking out of the box bikes ever. Marin really cracked it aesthetically in ‘93 - and the Pine, with all that purpley goodness, was the hottest of all.

Personally, I’d go catalogue spec.

Back