1993 Kona Explosif

The bike is now reassembled. Here are some photos taken by the semi-frozen Baltic Sea in Helsinki.

I'm planning to write a few words and include a full spec list in my blog in near future.

After taking these photos I managed to acquire the original seatpost clamp and a Selle Flite that I've tested on the bike with a black Ringlé Moby seatpost.

Kona_Explosif_sivusta_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg

Attachments

• Kona_Explosif_Edesta_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    Kona_Explosif_Edesta_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Kona_Explosif_takavaihtaja_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    Kona_Explosif_takavaihtaja_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Kona_Explosif_etuvaihtaja_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    Kona_Explosif_etuvaihtaja_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 36
  • Kona_Explosif_Manitou3_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    Kona_Explosif_Manitou3_auringossa_Kallahti_1.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 38
Cracking bike indeed; beautiful surroundings too :cool:!
Are there still elastomers in those M3's, or springs?
Enjoy, looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Cracking bike indeed; beautiful surroundings too :cool:!
Are there still elastomers in those M3's, or springs?
Enjoy, looking forward to seeing more pictures!
Thanks!

The original elastomers were toast. I did order replacement elastomers from the U.S. on 15th of Oct, but got fed up with the wait and bought the springs and bottom and top out rubbers from German Ebay.

If the elastomers ever arrive I might try them but for now I'll go with the springs.

Note: I haven't properly ridden the bike yet. It is assembled but the brakes etc need final adjustment and checking.

It has been mere eye candy in my remote office, but nothing wrong with that either! :)

Manitou_Springs.jpg

Great frame, got one myself recently and have really enjoyed the ride so far.

Regarding the spring conversion in the Forks, how do you find them?
I have 2 sets with these spring kits and found them to be very pogo like, ended up doing spring in one leg and n elastomers in the other leg, made for a way nicer fork.

Beautiful bikeI What size is it?
Thanks. It's a 19". Measured it and it's 48,5cm (ish) from center of the BB to the top of the seat tube.

I had the same bike in 19" back in 1993 and as the Austrian seller wasn't sure about the size, I would have hated having it the wrong size and realising it on delivery.

Back