Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Another '93 Kona :)

I love the paint jobs on the '93 range and also the tubesets used. They might not be the brightest colours but the two tone scheme to me is just that bit different from the single colours from other years.

The frame is no show bike, and is getting built as a rider, mainly to compare to the '93 Kilauea but also because i had a few random parts floating around after a recent tidy up :) hence the build will be dictated by them. The only part i have actually bought just for this frame is the green USE post i found, not that i needed one but i thoughrt the green would match the frame, it doesnt by the way :LOL: before realising i was on that slippery slope again 🤦

Slow build as usual, just a couple of pics of frame and some parts i might/might not be using

Mark P1010631 (Medium).JPG P1010623 (Medium).JPG P1010620 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Always something :LOL: has anyone got a spare bb cable guide please?, seem to have misplaced mine :facepalm:

Lhatch4":wqs21xin said:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0025ULUXY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1520340254&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bike+cable+guide

Thanks for the link :cool:

Not original one but it fits :) and i found a bb cable guide, took it off my lava dome :) P1010857 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Update, slowly but... well, just slowly really :LOL:

a few pics... P1010132 (Medium).JPG P1010134 (Medium).JPG P1010133 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Re:

dnbmatt28":xo53va9p said:
I like it, that seatpost balances/completes the look of the frame

Thanks, i think it would look better though if the green was the same as the frame, in person its not even close to the same shade :LOL:

Re:

I have a 93 Cinder Cone at about the same stage as yours but it's my first project. Keen to see how yours unfolds!

Back