1993 Klein Attitude HLF

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Received this in the post the other day :D
An Attitude has been on my "Want" list since I first had a quick ride on one in the early 90's. Initially I looked for the Team/Dolomite paint scheme, but when I saw this one for sale I was attracted by the Horizon Linear Fade paint, and oddly by the fact that it wasn't in mint condition.
From a distance the paintwork looks fine, but close up it has its fair share of chips and scratches, it's certainly not a candidate for a respray, but neither is it "Garage Queen" material, which is lucky for me because I like to actually ride my bikes :D
This one will get used and probably abused, but I won't get too upset about any new scratches or scrapes.

For its first outing I stuck on some Spin wheels & slick tyres. It'll be going off-road next week.

At 21.5lbs it feels light! Stiff, and accelerates quickly with skinny slick tyres on.
I may see about some new shifters as the XT Push/Push style is not my favourite, but I'll ride it a while and see how we get on.

Re:

Bassa!

;)

Looks fine considering the age. Aged better than me since '93. Yes, it's good to read that it will get some stick and see some mud.

bassa.

Re:

Nice one, enjoy riding it! One of the better real life colours.

I would prefer some nice spoked wheels. Spins are so GT.

Cheers
Martin

Seca Blue":x0ih6faz said:
Really love the paint but agree you need some spokes on there.

Fear not! "Proper" wheels & tyres will be fitted for an off-road ride tomorrow evening :)

Re:

Been out for an off-road ride this evening, forgot to take phone/camera so no pics :facepalm:

Anyway, this thing absolutely flies :) it just wants to go fast, took a bit of getting used to the riding position and no suspension, but it changes direction fast through the woods, is responsive, and generally great fun! :D

Re:

A quick ride today. The more I ride it the more I like it :)
Goes up the hills like a scalded cat, it just skips over the ground, and feels like 100% of your effort is transferred straight to the back wheel.

Back