1993 Klein Attitude HLF

Re:

Glad you are getting on with it!

Goes to show that geometry is quite a key thing with bike frames, almost critical if you are a keen rider and want to get the most out of it.

I've found myself that, a smaller frame (that would be rightfully ideal for height) i can get on with a lot better as the power transfer seems effective. barges and gates(ideal for my height) are too slack and energy sapping.

that sloping top tube seems to feature heavy for race bred bicycles.

cool.

Re:

I think I agree with you on the sizing. At first I thought the frame might be a little on the small side for me, but comparing it side by side with my 19" Orange Prestige there's not much in it, there's more seatpost showing on the Klein, but then the top tube slopes down more than on the Orange, so that's to be expected.
The proof is in the riding though, there's plenty of length in the top tube and the 135mm stem helps with that. It's a typical early 90's "head down, arse up" xc riding position, I'm used to riding my modern Mtb most of the time with its more compact cockpit , shorter stem, and more upright riding position, so it took a ride to get used to the Klein, not least the narrow flat handlebars when I've been used to big wide riser bars! :LOL:

Re:

Been swapping some parts around on the Klein, the pic below should give you some idea of which direction it's going...

Re: Re:

jimo746":3iq86qam said:
Been swapping some parts around on the Klein, the pic below should give you some idea of which direction it's going...

Tarts handbag? :LOL:

Was just about to say in the GT thread that I hadn't seen a build thread for this when I spotted it in your signature. Don't know how I missed it, but looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at the GT meet. :cool:

Re:

Absolutely a "Tart's Handbag" :D

Now... I just need to find some pink tights and a purple helmet and I'll be all set for Glentress :eek:

:LOL:

Re:

yeah :LOL:

by the way the anodising you did on those cranks was top notch :D

they now match the rear mech :mrgreen:

Back