1993 KHS Montana Team

Once A Hero

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":19rk56q0 said:
Super cool, always had a soft spot the these. It would be great to see it in race winning trim with the RC35’s as well.

Just checking what changes I'd need to make to the spec for race trim, which as far as I can tell will be as follows;

Rear tyre = Specialized Umma Gumma More Extreme S (got in spares bin)
Front tyre = Panaracer Smoke Lite Compe (got in the spares bin)
Forks = Pace RC35 (got but need servicing, if actually serviceable...)
Bar ends = X-Lite Stubbie Pro (still got as per pic!)
Saddle bag = Specialized (still got as per pic!)
Number plate = 1044 (still got as per pic! :cool: )

Rider fitness = LONG GONE! :LOL:
 

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Once A Hero":2rg70ht4 said:
Cheshire1980":2rg70ht4 said:
What a brilliant thread. Great looking bike, and Kit. Reminds me a bit of the Italian Lampre team kit. Anyway fair play, top cyclist in your day, with lots of great memories am sure. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers Calum! :)
And thanks to you and boy"O"boy for the MBUKs that have helped in filling in some of the race result history :cool:

Now it all makes Sense!.......Not a problem! - Happy to help out where I can.

Great Write up and a great bike to boot.

brocklanders023":2rg70ht4 said:
Great thread this one and the pink/blue KHS was always super cool. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Have to Agree with Ed on this one. The KHS's have always looked cool, especially in this colourway... but I must confess, it's a brand I know very little about.

The IFT in the link at the start looks great too!

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
 

mk one

Old School GrandMaster
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Great thread!

If it was me i think i would put it back to Championship spec and on a display :cool:
 

ishay

Retro Guru
Re:

Great bike. How funny that I started my thread about a Montana Comp two days after you, even though I’ve been at it for two months. My close friend (to this day) raced a Team whilst I raced my Comp. There’s part of me keen to do a Team build too so I have both.
 

Once A Hero

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

ishay":18mkc2i8 said:
Great bike. How funny that I started my thread about a Montana Comp two days after you, even though I’ve been at it for two months. My close friend (to this day) raced a Team whilst I raced my Comp. There’s part of me keen to do a Team build too so I have both.

Yours is a far more extensive refurb than mine however! Would be pretty cool to have them both,...and a Pro... :cool:
 

ishay

Retro Guru
Re: Re:

Once A Hero":377pdzxs said:
Yours is a far more extensive refurb than mine however! Would be pretty cool to have them both,...and a Pro... :cool:

Yeah, you'll be less afraid to ride yours though :D
 

racer x

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Re:

Very nice looks so good it original spec. How did you find them ZOOm 130 bars. Rare as hens teeth :cool:

In the middle of building mine. Has some Montana decal damage on mine from storage. No sure how it happened. They are so fragile the paint and that on these teams
 

ishay

Retro Guru
Re: Re:

racer x":27rw8o6y said:
Very nice looks so good it original spec. How did you find them ZOOm 130 bars. Rare as hens teeth :cool:

In the middle of building mine. Has some Montana decal damage on mine from storage. No sure how it happened. They are so fragile the paint and that on these teams

Retrodecals have Montana decals if you need to replace. I've bought them, they're perfect
 
Top