1993 Brodie Expresso here we go!

Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

Thanks to BC I have new decals to freshen her up! Still haven't replaced the original 'brodie' lettering, might not even bother. I kind of like the 'broken in' look!

I'm getting pretty close to the finish line now. Pawls on the rear hub need cleaning, wheels and cranks need cleaning. And I have to find a Canada flag sticker for the back of the seat tube below the collar. Oh yeah and proper grips. That should do it!

I badly wanted to take it for a spin, but the engagement of the cassette is nearly non-existent at the moment. Spinning circles going nowhere fast is a good way to end up SMACK on your side! So close...

Re:

Awesome build, Shamus! Love the wheels and saddle but that cnc alum fork brace is killer!

Muddy paw":2u11t9vi said:
Bc , that's a really smart Brodie frameset you've got their mate and i think the blue h stem really looks a natural part of the frameset and i reckon you should do the decent thing and build it up so we could a photo of both bikes together ;) ..

You got me motivated Shamus and Muddy Paw. The next day I went and cut the fork threads and mounted an xt hs. It's a 91 but the only new clean parts I have are newer

22345979390_e9ecafc2c4_o.jpg

22346124538_429ed7fea4_o.jpg

Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

shamobius":3tlctge8 said:
Thanks to BC I have new decals to freshen her up! Still haven't replaced the original 'brodie' lettering, might not even bother. I kind of like the 'broken in' look!

I'm getting pretty close to the finish line now. Pawls on the rear hub need cleaning, wheels and cranks need cleaning. And I have to find a Canada flag sticker for the back of the seat tube below the collar. Oh yeah and proper grips. That should do it!

I badly wanted to take it for a spin, but the engagement of the cassette is nearly non-existent at the moment. Spinning circles going nowhere fast is a good way to end up SMACK on your side! So close...

It's a shame about the cassette not being in proper working order just yet and yes i think your right in not replacing the original lettering as it's part of the bikes originality and well done mate as those forks look spot completing the character of the brodie :cool: .

BC":3tlctge8 said:
Awesome build, Shamus! Love the wheels and saddle but that cnc alum fork brace is killer!

Muddy paw":3tlctge8 said:
Bc , that's a really smart Brodie frameset you've got their mate and i think the blue h stem really looks a natural part of the frameset and i reckon you should do the decent thing and build it up so we could a photo of both bikes together ;) ..

You got me motivated Shamus and Muddy Paw. The next day I went and cut the fork threads and mounted an xt hs. It's a 91 but the only new clean parts I have are newer

22345979390_e9ecafc2c4_o.jpg

22346124538_429ed7fea4_o.jpg

Well done BC ;) , i'm realyl glad you decided to build the brodie up as it will look real sweet when it's completed although you've made some excellent progress already with the forks and the XT headset which imvho fits in with the framset quite beautifully regardless of year :cool: ..

shamobius":2exv354v said:
I figured. But they look top notch, love me a stem with a noodle, more so than internal routing...
have to disagree with you on that one.
internal cable routed stem all the way. :cool:

I think my noodle preference goes back to my love affair with all things Interloc back in the late 80s, particularly their macaroni stems! Droolfest at Mountain & Beach Bicycles when they first started bringing those green-leaf logo-ed parts across the border. Couldn't afford them but I could dream...

I prefer noodles as well. I like a short bit of cable housing going from the lever to noodle and is tucked in tight as opposed to a longer bit going up and over and sticking out in the elements

Latest posts

Back