1993 Brodie Expresso here we go!

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Just swapped a too-large for me 1995 Brodie Sovereign (20.5") for this 1993(ish) Brodie Expresso (18").

Serial number is 2503, I've messaged Paul Brodie to ask for confirmation on the year.

Stoked!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1168 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1168 (resized).jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,575

Mike E.

Old School Hero
Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

Great looking frame. Love that colour.
Check out jimbotoad for some new authorized decals for it.

Who got the Sovereign? There's a tall fellow over here who's always looking for 20.5"'er's.

Mike
 

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

Mike E.":2bxhp7zl said:
Great looking frame. Love that colour.
Check out jimbotoad for some new authorized decals for it.

Who got the Sovereign? There's a tall fellow over here who's always looking for 20.5"'er's.

Mike

Thanks Mike! The colour is so cool I don't dare re-paint the frame!

I've got some decals on the way, probably only going to replace the 'expresso' letters though. Its going to be a rough re-build - nice parts, nothing too shiny or new...

'BC' is the proud owner of the chestnut metallic Sovereign...
 

raidan73

Moderator
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Re:

Nice score. Two satisfied customers there too I guess :)

I keep a log of all the Brodie serial numbers that come up on the forum and have 2495 down as a Catalyst sold to Mountain Bike Laden on June 15th 1993 (confirmed by Paul) if that helps.
 

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Re: Re:

raidan73":3a57x7kz said:
Nice score. Two satisfied customers there too I guess :)

I keep a log of all the Brodie serial numbers that come up on the forum and have 2495 down as a Catalyst sold to Mountain Bike Laden on June 15th 1993 (confirmed by Paul) if that helps.

That does help, thanks raidan73! I guess that puts it late June/early July 1993 then. We'll see what Mr. Brodie says as well...
 

Mike E.

Old School Hero
Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

Glad BC was able to complete his Brodie lineup....pretty sure it's complete now with the Sovereign.

Cheers,

Mike

Heading over to Victoria this weekend to pick my winter vintage restoration project. Not what you're thinking though....it's a 1960's European travel trailer. Full gut and rebuild to suit us. Should be a fun challenge for myself and my sons. :)
 

shamobius

BoTM Winner
Re: 1993(?) Brodie Expresso here we go!

Mike E.":de04dr5h said:
Glad BC was able to complete his Brodie lineup....pretty sure it's complete now with the Sovereign.

Cheers,

Mike

Heading over to Victoria this weekend to pick my winter vintage restoration project. Not what you're thinking though....it's a 1960's European travel trailer. Full gut and rebuild to suit us. Should be a fun challenge for myself and my sons. :)

Everyone should have a winter project or two, sounds like fun!
 

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Re:

It is a nice blue. I will be watching the build.
now I'll have to go over and check out BC's new toy.
I think BC is short a couple in the line-up.
 
Top