1993/4 Orange P7

Re: 1993 Orange P7

:LOL: Not a lot! It's been serviced, new cables etc from shop I got it from but one of the pedals isn't as smooth as I'd like so I'll sort that. May change tyres to more period correct matching pair. I may one day change rims to Mavic 231's but in no rush. Current rims are a mystery. Bikes like new apart from a few storage marks. Hubs are date correct & drop outs mint. I can't see that this bikes been ridden long or hard enough to have needed new rims.

I remember buying a Late 93 Prestige with the same wheels, and the prestige did not have a hard life.. So perhaps Orange were trying them out for a bit, around that period, my Prestige was the last batch, and your P7 being the first batch. Still got the wheels, not the Prestige 93 unfortunately!

Great info Calum - in that case they will very likely stay on it. Done loads of googling & not seeing any reference to Van Schothorst alloy rims on MTB's of that era. References I have seen are for the steel ones. Later as Rigida/Ryde.

Unusual seat tube for a P7 - only seen this on Clockworks & Prestiges up to 93.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=423686

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

That's the tyres changed to Smokes front & back. I'm guessing the Maxxis that was on was original & the front replaced after a catastrophic puncture in early 2000's. The old front tyre was a Kenda Nevegal Tomac signature edition & had a Panaracer Kevlar felt liner. Straightened the saddle & that's it! Just needs riding.

Frame: 19" Frame No: A3050675 Manufactured May 1993
Fork: Orange F7
Bottom Bracket: Unknown
Crankset: Suntour CPI SQS Hi Performance
Pedals: Wellgo LU934
Cassette: Shimano HG Hyperglide 7 speed
Chain: Unknown
Rear Mech: Shimano Alivio MC10
Front Mech: Suntour XC Pro
Shifters/Brake levers: SRAM Gripshift 450 FFS
Brakes: Shimano LX M560
Rims: Van Schothorst