1992 San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Cracking on getting the bike finished for the York show ( well it will be front shifterless until I can get the new part made)
Tonight's task setting up the prostop brakes. Even though I have NOS instructions I didn't read them ( being a bloke of a certain age😅) but stumbled on the reason there is a shim between the front and back plate of the calipers, so using NOS fluid.. 20220531_211539.jpg
Which is just automatic transmission fluid!
You remove the shim, tighten both sides together, bleed and pressurise the system so the pad is tight up against the disc, reinsert the shim and hey presto you have the perfect spacing, very simple and elegant. 20220531_211401.jpg 20220531_211409.jpg
Pleased to report that with the tech lite levers the brakes seem to be very effective ( well on the flat but will reserve judgement until the first test ride).
A bit nerve wracking cabling up with the Gore Ride On cables but boy are they smooth as silk.

If you are going to do a job you may as well do it right, stunning mate!! :cool:

Come on, whats the story with the front mech? or do we have to wait till we are around the camp fire in York?

Cracking on getting the bike finished for the York show ( well it will be front shifterless until I can get the new part made)
Tonight's task setting up the prostop brakes. Even though I have NOS instructions I didn't read them ( being a bloke of a certain age😅) but stumbled on the reason there is a shim between the front and back plate of the calipers, so using NOS fluid..View attachment 631824
Which is just automatic transmission fluid!
You remove the shim, tighten both sides together, bleed and pressurise the system so the pad is tight up against the disc, reinsert the shim and hey presto you have the perfect spacing, very simple and elegant.View attachment 631825View attachment 631826
Pleased to report that with the tech lite levers the brakes seem to be very effective ( well on the flat but will reserve judgement until the first test ride).
A bit nerve wracking cabling up with the Gore Ride On cables but boy are they smooth as silk.
Hi,
Did you still have the instructions for the pro stop brakes? Can you post or send me some pics? Thanks.

Back