1992 Off Road Toad (iconic green)

Great job Shamus, ...as usual! :)
Fully agree on trying to keep the original paint and patina!
Black components are a nice balance to this beautiful kermit green!
why are you using this specific crown race?

Great job Shamus, ...as usual! :)
Fully agree on trying to keep the original paint and patina!
Black components are a nice balance to this beautiful kermit green!
why are you using this specific crown race?

The crown race was machined and is actually part of the steerer, as the steerer tube extension was milled from a thick-walled piece of steel

How are you extending those ti bars? I need 25in in 25.4 diameter ti bars.
I am fortunate to have a very capable machinist/welder as a friend. We sacrificed another set of bars to make a bunch of extension pieces, and he welded a set to my under 22" ti bars to get them to 25". Excellent work on his part.

In the past I have been known to McGuyver pieces of wooden dowelling, 'lathed' to an inner diameter and tapped into the end of the bars. Cheap and easy, and they are pretty strong (no failures yet). Wooden broomsticks seem to have the same outer diameter as bars do, which is convenient ;)

I am fortunate to have a very capable machinist/welder as a friend. We sacrificed another set of bars to make a bunch of extension pieces, and he welded a set to my under 22" ti bars to get them to 25". Excellent work on his part.

In the past I have been known to McGuyver pieces of wooden dowelling, 'lathed' to an inner diameter and tapped into the end of the bars. Cheap and easy, and they are pretty strong (no failures yet). Wooden broomsticks seem to have the same outer diameter as bars do, which is convenient ;)
Hmmmm... broomsticks!

I've been caught up in life a bit lately and missed this whole thread. You've absolutely smashed it imo Shamus. I love every part chosen - a build very much to my taste!

Trolling for Toad build ideas. Had to give this one a bump again for those that missed it.
Once again, great job buddy. :cool: And a well done thread. Lot's of info here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back