1991 Yeti Ultimate build thread

An update on the yeti ultimate. Got things to a test ride spot a couple weeks ago and within a few feet the Tioga Disc got wobbly. Needed to get help truing it up. In the meantime, I’ve been dying to ride this and the weather finally improved. Had another set of wheels with reproduction panaracer smokes, so I put those on knowing Id be riding in slush. IMG_6914.jpeg

A few years back, Mercedes used neon yellow to differentiate between Schumacher and I believe Rossberg. It always reminded me of the yeti ultimate stem bar fork set up. This bike came with the painted blue fork, but I found these nitto bar ends painted the exact same color as the current bars and stem to add as much neon as possible. If you looked over your shoulder or in your mirrors, you knew who was coming. 86DB4742-F246-4FDF-B722-CA4E9BB2762C-COLLAGE.jpeg IMG_6943.jpeg IMG_6941.jpeg

awhile back I purchased some items from @Tomato and he was kind enough to include these cool nos lightening bolt brake barrel adjusters, made by Bunton Precision machine in Montana, USA. If you’d had told the Bunton gang back in the day that these are going to end up in Europe, sent back to the USA and get installed on a Yeti Ultimate in 2024 they would have said you’re nuts. Another reason I love this community. IMG_6883.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back