1991 Yeti Ultimate build thread

I finished touching up the paint on the frame and put on the new decals from Gil. Made sure the cook bro cranks fits as well as the front derailleur. Front Mavic wheel cleaned up and trued. Added a couple water cages too. I should get the fork next week and will be able to do more with brakes shifters and cables. I’m really digging the way it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_6548.jpeg
    IMG_6548.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 74
Thanks @racecarjohnny. Nice to have retro cages on a build, but sometimes as you know these finishing details can be hard to find and quite costly. Those modern ones look great and have nice classic, clean lines. Shaping up nicely! :cool:

Very nice project :cool:..!

For some reason, those tyres are distracting me from what it's all about: the frame..
Would be curious what that looks like with black (skinwall..) rubber.

Very nice project :cool:..!

For some reason, those tyres are distracting me from what it's all about: the frame..
Would be curious what that looks like with black (skinwall..) rubber.
Thank you. I wanted to try the Psychos first, as they're Tioga. They might be a little wide though as the front D fit is really tight. I also try not to keep just black/gum tires on my bikes and have a variety in the stable. Have some nice black IRC Piranha's I'll try on a little later in the project.

not a fan of the tires. this build is starting to go the way of your grove hardcore.
going down the coloured path. you planning on yellow cable housing?
good to see a black saddle.

not a fan of the tires. this build is starting to go the way of your grove hardcore.
going down the coloured path. you planning on yellow cable housing?
good to see a black saddle.
I love those tires, the coolest I own in my opinion. Comparing the Grove and its paint to this Yeti Ultimate is an apple to an orange. Black or Grey housing is what I have planned right now. Don't think the black saddle will make the final cut. Unless you're in your mid 50's and actually wore/road neon back in the day, it might be hard to relate.

Back