BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I saw this for sale a few weeks before Christmas and decided not to pursue it, as it wasn't cheap and the timing wasn't ideal. A couple of months later I checked back and it was still for sale so I started chatting with the seller, who had owned it from new. Obviously things went to plan, the seller agreed to post it and it arrived safely in Cornwall a few weeks ago. It’s a lovely example of a 1991 White Spider II, with the Max OR downtube, and matching fillet brazed fork. I stand to be corrected but I don’t think these ever came with the fastback seatstays and seatpost clamping arrangement that this one has. It has never been ridden off-road and, judging by the condition of all the parts, the road miles have been fairly minimal too. In all honesty it really didn’t need a lot doing to but I’ve made a few changes since I got it, namely:

Specialized Nimbus semi-slicks swapped for 1.5” hardpacks
XT/M231 Ceramic wheels swapped for XC Pro/Araya RM17
Answer Hyperlite bar swapped for Reynolds 753
Pace chainrings swapped for XC Pro
Turbo Special saddle swapped for Ritchey Logic Pro WCS Titanium

I'll probably swap all the Ringle skewers out for XC Pro too at some point but for now this is how it looks

IMG_4729.jpg

I can never understand why someone would spend so much on something so bespoke bitd ( presumably when young and healthy) and then hardly touch it for years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway enjoy and take lots of pics of it on those glorious Cornish clifftops 😎

I can never understand why someone would spend so much on something so bespoke bitd ( presumably when young and healthy) and then hardly touch it for years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway enjoy and take lots of pics of it on those glorious Cornish clifftops 😎

Judging by the age of the bike and the seller I would imagine it might have been a nice 40th birthday present. I hoped to get it in February's BoTM but just ran out of time, plus @ratcapa already had a lovely White Spider in the mix

Latest posts

Back