1991 Roberts White Spider II

Are you completely sure, that it is not too big for you?
Funnily enough I bought a smaller White Spider frameset just a matter of days later, so a transplant may be on the cards in the future

Judging by the age of the bike and the seller I would imagine it might have been a nice 40th birthday present. I hoped to get it in February's BoTM but just ran out of time, plus @ratcapa already had a lovely White Spider in the mix

Yeah, so this can win next month's normal vote then!

Wow Adrian, this is just perfect.

The bike itself is special and the condition is other worldly! Really glad it's gone to a good, loving home!

Now...

How's it ride?!

Also, how do you find that rear brake?

Still on the fence with mine...

But I'm slowly coming around to it!

No ride report yet Phil. That was it literally just finished yesterday.
I’ve always quite liked the SE brakes, once you get used to the ‘squish’ of the lever

Well done for scoring that one Adrian! Minty Roberts dripping with with Ringle IRD and Cooks, The tyres really do it justice too!

that is truely a nice one with a exquisit partlist... how good are you fit on this, seems a little bit to big for buggers like us?1

that is truely a nice one with a exquisit partlist... how good are you fit on this, seems a little bit to big for buggers like us?1

Thanks Kay. I haven't had a chance to ride it properly yet but I agree it is definitely bigger than my usual bike. I will see how it goes, as I have another White Spider frame and fork in a smaller size

Latest posts

Back