1991 Peugeot 531Pro with 105

Hate to break it to you but the shoes are ready for retirement. I had a pair of those aswell, back in the 80s. They were great I only had Sidis untill the beginning of 2000 when they did something to the tongue that made them uncomfortable for me. Now i use nothing but shoes with BOA and wouldn't use anything else. Great bike btw. I also had a Peugeot 531 Pro frame in the 80's, in black, very good value for money and i ended up crashing that aswell, in a race. Hope i haven't hijacked your post. Didn't mean to anyway😀

Hate to break it to you but the shoes are ready for retirement. I had a pair of those aswell, back in the 80s. They were great I only had Sidis untill the beginning of 2000 when they did something to the tongue that made them uncomfortable for me. Now i use nothing but shoes with BOA and wouldn't use anything else. Great bike btw. I also had a Peugeot 531 Pro frame in the 80's, in black, very good value for money and i ended up crashing that aswell, in a race. Hope i haven't hijacked your post. Didn't mean to anyway😀
In truth, they were retired about 25 years ago but were sat in the bottom of a box in the garage - just thought it would be fun to get some Delta cleats and get them out again (I use SPD-SLs on all my other road bikes) - I definitely wouldn’t like to go in a long ride in them, just a bit of fun really 👍

The sidis look like slippers • the ONLY aspect i don't miss are the toe clips and straps ~ absolute turture as i remember them ! The thing i mostly miss was my racing clubs i raced for and the sheer ammount of races and time trials i was able to participate in. Cycle racing in the US is dead, except for gravel. gravel racing is dangerous because of the massive distance and lack of medical control imo. the old days were the best
Totally agree about the racing - very much the same here in the UK I’m afraid, and we don’t have the benefit of the gravel races that you have over there. Main events here now are sportives rather than racing - just not the same as it was many years ago. In the 80’s I would race 3 or 4 times a week! (One or two road races or track meet on a weekend, time trial on a Wednesday and Track League on a Thursday - some weeks a crit on a Friday night!!) - now no longer possible - such a shame as the whole scene was brilliant

Back