1991 Lightning Flash Restoration JB0090

As I was helping out a friend with one I can say that the Ritchey Logic Comp headset was definately the catalogue spec. But it´s really hard to find nowadays, if you don´t want to settle for the much later cheapo plastic version.
OG
_DSC8367.JPG
Modern version
Ritchey_Logic_Gewinde_Steuersatz_1_EC30_schwarz_800x800.jpg
I would agree to rather use your nice 600 headset than go for the modern one.

As I was helping out a friend with one I can say that the Ritchey Logic Comp headset was definately the catalogue spec. But it´s really hard to find nowadays, if you don´t want to settle for the much later cheapo plastic version.
OG
View attachment 632845
Modern version
View attachment 632846
I would agree to rather use your nice 600 headset than go for the modern one.
Yes that’s the headset I really need for it. OG only though and have been looking with no success this far.

Thanks for the feedback, the fork I sourced is a Tange for off a Ritchey framed bike is all I know. I managed to get it for $40 it’s not likely that I’ll find an original brazed fork but as I continue to look this will do nicely. I have fork decals on order from Velocals. That should arrive in a week or two. Next hurdle is the 1” Ritchey Logic threaded headset seems to be a bit of a hens tooth. Nothing easy on this one. I believe I’m close to closing on the purchase a cannondale M2000 with XT and full Ritchey components that would gonon this build. Fingers crossed .

Watching this with interest as I have a Breezer Lighting (standard one...not flash! same blue colour scheme) in the queue of projects.......it came with the original forks which are 1" threadless, so maybe the flash was too originally, I have the same bottom bracket issue as you - the one on it is too short on the drive side, any crank I've tried hits the frame so no idea what was on it before I got it.

Back