Deore XT M739 front Shift Brake combo levers with M739 V Brakes
Race Face handlebar grips
bd361b4e-fc12-4f8c-84bc-43727283cd65-jpeg.610889
CCAEB239-7893-4E66-B9E0-C3336D6E4C67.jpeg

Attachments

• BD361B4E-FC12-4F8C-84BC-43727283CD65.jpeg
    BD361B4E-FC12-4F8C-84BC-43727283CD65.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 411
Do any of you think I should build the bike up with the components that it came with? All are in fine shape but not the end result I’m looking for. Of all the parts the frame, seat post binder rear derailleur (rough shape but have alternate)are catalog spec. I know a Ritchey Force seat post is what originally came on the bike but I do like this titanium seat and seat post combo so thinking of keeping those on it as well. I have a Double Butted Fisher handle bar, XT front and rear derailleurs, Ritchey Vantage Expert rims on XT hubs with DT Swiss spokes and gum wall Ritchey Mega-Bite tires as well as the Ritchey lightning titanium QR’s sourced already.

Last edited:
Do any of you think I should build the bike up with the components that it came with? All are in fine shape but not the end result I’m looking for. Of all the parts the frame, seat post binder rear derailleur (rough shape but have alternate)are catalog spec. I know a Ritchey Force seat post is what originally came on the bike but I do like this titanium seat and seat post combo so thinking of keeping those on it as well. I have a Double Butted Fisher handle bar, XT front and rear derailleurs, Ritchey vantage comp rims on XT hubs with DT Swiss spokes and gum wall Ritchey Mega-Bite tires as well as the Ritchey lightning titanium QR’s sourced already.
Yeah good call on the components. I´d even go Ritchey for the saddle and handlebar. The seatpost is very nice but looks to be on the short side. Do you have enogh post in the frame at your ride height?
The Manitou does not flow very well with the elegant lines of the FB frame IMHO. But the original fork would probably be next to impossible to source. If you want to stay with boingers a Mag 21 could complement the gold decals and is not such a blocky CNC piece as the Manitou.

BTW I´m loving the patina! Makes it so much easier to use.

Yeah good call on the components. I´d even go Ritchey for the saddle and handlebar. The seatpost is very nice but looks to be on the short side. Do you have enogh post in the frame at your ride height?
The Manitou does not flow very well with the elegant lines of the FB frame IMHO. But the original fork would probably be next to impossible to source. If you want to stay with boingers a Mag 21 could complement the gold decals and is not such a blocky CNC piece as the Manitou.

BTW I´m loving the patina! Makes it so much easier to use.
Yes good read on the fork. I don’t do suspension forks generally and this will get a rigid fork at some point. I’m not sure how the seatpost will work do to it’s length or lack there of. Once I get the frame somewhat fit up I will learn more. I do like it and the saddle they are just so light it amazing. I’ve never had titanium parts before so it’s kind of exciting for me. Yes a Ritchey Prolite bar would fit well but the fisher is what was spec’s and I found one from a parts seller that I know so couldn’t resist getting it.

This is a great project!

And yeah, going Ritchey heavy would be a really nice direction for components.

I say that, but, if you decide not to, I'd be very interested in that stem for a project of my own if it ends up going up for sale!

Real shame that Ti AC post is so short! Lovely come-up to have that tho, so if it does work for you I say use it!

A rigid fork on this would certainly be nicer than the Manatou, but I agree a Mag 21 would be an improvement also. Cleaner lines! That said, I personally can't get along with a threaded suspension setup, so while finding an original Breezer fork would be tough, maybe finding a Ritchey Logic or similar, either in white or painting it, could be a good option to consider also?

Then again, not sure why I'm suggesting that, as it's just adding competition for myself in sourcing one!

Oh I didn´t know it was specced with a Fisher bar. Was it to pay hommage? I mean Breeze-Ritchey-Fisher is a good combination on a bike.
-snip- maybe finding a Ritchey Logic or similar, either in white or painting it, could be a good option to consider also?

Then again, not sure why I'm suggesting that, as it's just adding competition for myself in sourcing one!
Good suggestion! But as you said, they are also getting pretty rare nowadays. Would it be possible to braze over tigged forks to get the looks of a genuine Lightning Flash fork?

Oh I didn´t know it was specced with a Fisher bar. Was it to pay hommage? I mean Breeze-Ritchey-Fisher is a good combination on a bike.

Good suggestion! But as you said, they are also getting pretty rare nowadays. Would it be possible to braze over tigged forks to get the looks of a genuine Lightning Flash fork?
I have discussed that with some welder buds but they weren’t much in the know when it comes to brazing but that is likely what i will do.

Back