Saddle: F’izik Pave
Seatpost: Alloy
Seatpost Binder: Giant

Pics

Attachments

• P1110014.JPG
    P1110014.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 5,954
Welcome to RB. Very nice Cadex! What's the story behind this bike (and rider combo...)?

Rio":vv60odij said:
Welcome to RB. Very nice Cadex! What's the story behind this bike (and rider combo...)?

The story behind the bike… I really fancied this bike BITD, but I wasn’t able to buy one my own. BITD the LBS was a Giant Store, and had this bike displayed when it came out. I’ve spend much time there…

This bike I bought a couple of months ago. The previous owner had made some decisions, so the bike wasn’t original anymore. At the same time I could get my hands on a “Cycle Tech” with a broken seat tube. That bike had a complete XTR M900 group set (including hubs, and BB) in a mint condition (even the brake pads!). The guy who was selling it, didn’t had any idea what he was selling, so I’ve had a bargain. I’ve put the two bikes together and created my dream bike!

This summer I finally got some time to fit a Rock Shox Mag 21 fork on this bike. Yesterday finally the testride.

It's great! I cannot stop smiling :D . What a joy to ride this bike. The fork is still in a perfect condition, holds air and oil and it does what it supposed to do. A perfect match for this bike with the xtr components.

Cheers,
Will

Attachments

• P1110021.JPG
    P1110021.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 5,948
  • P1110047.JPG
    P1110047.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 5,947
Re: seatpost

I_am_Will":2acsa5pp said:
Rio":2acsa5pp said:

The story behind the bike… I really fancied this bike BITD, but I wasn’t able to buy one my own. BITD the LBS was a Giant Store, and had this bike displayed when it came out. I’ve spend much time there…

This bike I bought a couple of months ago. The previous owner had made some decisions, so the bike wasn’t original anymore. At the same time I could get my hands on a “Cycle Tech” with a broken seat tube. That bike had a complete XTR M900 group set (including hubs, and BB) in a mint condition (even the brake pads!). The guy who was selling it, didn’t had any idea what he was selling, so I’ve had a bargain. I’ve put the two bikes together and created my dream bike!

what is the diameter of the seat post been looking and i dont have one that fits

Back