1991 Alpinestars Cro-mega Dx (no2) New Pics Pg 2

Re:

Rather cool touch that flex stem, that's how we 'upgraded' bitd. Alot of production bikes imitated race-spec professional bikes, but killed our asses and wrists in the real world. The better year for E-stay alpinestars as the 1992 got too chunky.

Those suntour cantis are effective too, bite well onto those vuelta rims. Should be with you for a while too as the rims were nos from Ebay. maybe done 50 miles since i laced them in(in my ownership).

:cool:

Re: Re:

chrisv40":cufeqo4h said:
Thanks guys, I don't find Flexstems to be that bad actually. They certainly take the sting out of those straight bladed forks.

Tbh their are quite a few members on the forum who love them which wouldn't be the case if they weren't any good but like i said earlier they really suit the bike and if they do a good jod of reducing the shock from forks then their well worth having mate ;) .

Re: Re:

marc two tone":dtq8ssgt said:
Rather cool touch that flex stem, that's how we 'upgraded' bitd. Alot of production bikes imitated race-spec professional bikes, but killed our asses and wrists in the real world. The better year for E-stay alpinestars as the 1992 got too chunky.

Those suntour cantis are effective too, bite well onto those vuelta rims. Should be with you for a while too as the rims were nos from Ebay. maybe done 50 miles since i laced them in(in my ownership).

:cool:

Thanks Marc,

You had built a bloody nice bike to start with not a great deal I could do to improve on it!

Lovely :)
TBH when I saw the first lot of pics I thought "hope he changes the stem" because that green did nothing for it. A gunmetal grey Flexstem is a perfect choice, especially with those Girvin bars :cool:

EDIT* just rubbed my eyes and had a proper check on the stem colour, which I think is black not grey :oops: :LOL: Great either way!

Back