1991 Alpinestars Al-Mega DX - FINISHED! Pages 7-9

Retro Spud":2hm2vpju said:
So is that you sorted for Mayhem then?

1 x Rider and 1 x eye Candy
That's about it Nick! I've just bought some NOS axles for the rider (the bearings are a bit gritty) and the headset bearings (hopefully not the whole assembly - but I can get a 1¼" easily enough if needs be) need changing but it SHOULD be good to go for Mayhem :D
skolioza":2hm2vpju said:
regan_ev":2hm2vpju said:
Your old one isn't looking too bad alongside it either... :cool:
Thanks to good hands caring about it! :cool:
I love it for the fact it's in great condition but doesn't need to be worried about! I'm looking forward to putting new Smoke & Dart Classic on and riding at Mayhem :D

There are too many people who seem to hate on garage queens for "never getting ridden" etc., but this DX restoration was never going to be for regular use even though my original intentions were to give it an outing now and then. When the fragility of the frame was discovered, it put paid to that idea, and the NOS parts I've sourced mean it's now perfect for the reason I wanted it to start with - to remind myself how much I LOVED this bike I had when I was a kid :D It's super shiny wall art, and I love it :cool:

regan_ev":yfddnyby said:
Retro Spud":yfddnyby said:

That's about it Nick! I've just bought some NOS axles for the rider (the bearings are a bit gritty) and the headset bearings (hopefully not the whole assembly - but I can get a 1¼" easily enough if needs be) need changing but it SHOULD be good to go for Mayhem :D]

Regan

I forgot to mention the fact that part of joining the team was you had to let me take at least one for a ride round the paddock area. :D

Retro Spud":2m7t5q9z said:
regan_ev":2m7t5q9z said:
Retro Spud":2m7t5q9z said:

That's about it Nick! I've just bought some NOS axles for the rider (the bearings are a bit gritty) and the headset bearings (hopefully not the whole assembly - but I can get a 1¼" easily enough if needs be) need changing but it SHOULD be good to go for Mayhem :D]

Regan
I forgot to mention the fact that part of joining the team was you had to let me take at least one for a ride round the paddock area. :D

Not a problem, so long as it's not the yellow & white one :p :LOL:

regan_ev":2ut9qfac said:
Retro Spud":2ut9qfac said:
regan_ev":2ut9qfac said:

Regan

What yah saying.....

I suppose I do have previous for crimes against Iconic Retro Aluminium :?
and it did kinda take the shine off the weekend when I bust the previously crack free Manitou :evil:

Attachments

• IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 659
Retro Spud":gw1bx615 said:
regan_ev":gw1bx615 said:

What yah saying.....

I suppose I do have previous for crimes against Iconic Retro Aluminium :?
and it did kinda take the shine off the weekend when I bust the previously crack free Manitou :evil:

Ahh I still feel sick for you whenever I see pics of this - didn't realise this was last year's Mayhem :(

The black bomber will hopefully hold up :LOL:

Back