1990 Overbury's Pioneer

Looks great! Makes me even more excited to start my (slightly earlier) Pioneer build.

Are you going to source lilac bottle cages?
I've had a look, but found nothing period that matches closely enough, except an Elite cage that might be lilac, photos were unclear and seller wasn't able to help. Only cost £4 so I took a punt, still waiting for delivery.

Also thought about going for a colour that compliments lilac, like yellow. I have a ton of silver so there's always that.

What year is your Pioneer?

I've had a look, but found nothing period that matches closely enough, except an Elite cage that might be lilac, photos were unclear and seller wasn't able to help. Only cost £4 so I took a punt, still waiting for delivery.

Also thought about going for a colour that compliments lilac, like yellow. I have a ton of silver so there's always that.

What year is your Pioneer?
Mine was ordered August of ‘88, it has a rear U-brake but is otherwise very similar to yours - same fork etc.

Looking good with vintage stem, thumbies and the smokes. I am suddenly inspired to take mine out at the weekend, been spending too much time with road bikes lately.

Mine was ordered August of ‘88, it has a rear U-brake but is otherwise very similar to yours - same fork etc.
Get it built!
Very nice

Looks like it will climb like a mountain goat
It could if my legs could power it 😮‍💨

Looking good with vintage stem, thumbies and the smokes. I am suddenly inspired to take mine out at the weekend, been spending too much time with road bikes lately.
It's such a nice frame, could have hung anything on there and it would look good.
Spring is here and summer on the way, trails are drying out so a nice time to think about heading off tarmac.

Beautiful day for a ride, Spring is here with blue skies and sunshine, good mix of mud and dust on the trails, peaceful and quiet. What a great bike for these conditions. Comfortable, responsive and most importantly - fun. Thought it might be too much tyre for this ride, but there were a handful of occasions where I felt the tread search for and find traction when less grippy tyres would have struggled, so I was glad I stuck with them.

op5.JPG op2.JPG op1.JPG op3.JPG op4.JPG

Back