1989 Diamond Back Ascent

Great little project. love the paint job. somebody posted one of these last year ... all black components including rimws. looked great. will you be
"re stickering" it?

I'd like to but the decal cost would be more than I payed for the whole bike :LOL:

The originals were apparently lost to the jet wash
Yeah, cost of decals can be an issue if you're sticking to a budget. The main down tube font looks pretty straightforward, perhaps you could have something custom-made from decal sellers on eBay?

Just picked up one a few weeks ago, not such a bargain as that but love the smokey finish and straight fork. Technically small for me, but with a longer stem and choice bits could be a bit of fun. Mine has a 26.0 seatpost

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_123841349_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220602_123841349_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Theres been a little flurry of these on ebay and FB mkt plc recently.....I had a smoke paint Apex BID & have a couple of these Ascents (pic of one below) 'normal' & EX version in the shed and they are a nice ride, hope you have fun with it! Odd they mostly seem to come up in small sizes.
Not sure but think stright was earlier than the bulkier curved ones (as on the Apex below)

IMG_20200630_150801.jpg

Saw this 'upgraded' Apex town bike on bay a while ago too.....sold for quite a lot I think....bit of a lump.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 19.47.01.png

I love to see these old bikes still being used as daily drivers, a lump it may be, but how many of todays price point equivalents will still be grinding out the miles 3-4 decades from now?

Yes, 1989 models had the straight forks, 1990 then went to the curved. Not the greatest fan of the shifters/levers and mine are missing the covers so upgrades in the future😯

I love to see these old bikes still being used as daily drivers, a lump it may be, but how many of todays price point equivalents will still be grinding out the miles 3-4 decades from now?

time will tel......

its the handlebars on that Apex that scared me....they're so massive! looks like a mean machne

Latest posts

Back