1989 Diamond Back Ascent

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I accidentally bought this Diamond Back Ascent for £25. I was expecting to be outbid. It was local and I liked the smokey paint job and straight blade forks. I collect it on Thursday, should be a fun little project :cool:

s-l1600.jpg

I wonder how hard it'll be to find a replacement cover for an Exage Thumbshifter? I'll pop up a wanted add once I've collected it and checked the rest of the bike.

s-l16001.jpg

Got a soft spot for these old DB's, the smokey paintjobs look great and the frames are a comfortable ride. That's an absolute bargain, i don't think it's an 89 though, I had an 89 and it was blue smoke faded into a white middle.

You could be right. The owner said he'd owned it from new since 89. I'll do some investigation once I've collected it. I see yours was an Ascent EX so maybe a different model from the same year?

There's no 89 catalogue in the archive sadly.

You could be right. The owner said he'd owned it from new since 89. I'll do some investigation once I've collected it. I see yours was an Ascent EX so maybe a different model from the same year?

There's no 89 catalogue in the archive sadly.
The non EX model had the same paint job, I've seen examples of your model before, pretty sure it's a 90.

Here's a nice resto-mod thread from another forum that you might find interesting.

The non EX model had the same paint job, I've seen examples of your model before, pretty sure it's a 90.

Here's a nice resto-mod thread from another forum that you might find interesting.

Thanks very much. I'll have a read later 👍

Defininately a 1989 Ascent. I owned the Ascent EX in 89 and it was blue/white smoked different than the Ascent.

Collected at lunchtime and sadly no seat post or saddle. My calipers make the seat post 25.8mm diameter, does that sound about right?

I've added a wanted post.

Latest posts

Back