1986.5 Cannondale SM600

That is a shame but it would be nice to put the parts to good use. The Alu Pro wasn't a common model even here, where MF's were abundant

That is a shame but it would be nice to put the parts to good use. The Alu Pro wasn't a common model even here, where MF's were abundant
I think it may be a bit too large for me (the 88 Red Shred on ebay).
That head tube looks huge.
My height is only 5'10" (170 cm).
It's a shame, the price with shipping to the states is very reasonable (225 dollars US...that's like only 160 UK pounds).
I would really like to do a Red Shred build next, especially if the 91' MF frame I have is not fixable.

I guess mine would be too small (18”) and shipping would be expensive

Thanks for the thought, but I enjoy the restoration process.
I want to find an old tatty frame. I want to try to do the paint myself next time.

Oh mine’s tatty alright. If you look at the one in my signature, and go to the first page of the thread, you can see my spare one

Oh mine’s tatty alright. If you look at the one in my signature, and go to the first page of the thread, you can see my spare one
The 1988 Red Shred you finished looks amazing! Started off tatty, but looks beautiful now. I don't see the spare one?
I'm still considering the big one on ebay. The ad says it is a 20 inch??? I think it must be a 21 or 22 inch. I was thinking it might not be too big for me since I will build it with flat bars. My 86 and 86.5 frames are both 20 inch.

The 1988 Red Shred you finished looks amazing! Started off tatty, but looks beautiful now. I don't see the spare one?
I'm still considering the big one on ebay. The ad says it is a 20 inch??? I think it must be a 21 or 22 inch. I was thinking it might not be too big for me since I will build it with flat bars. My 86 and 86.5 frames are both 20 inch.

They’re two different bikes in my thread - the one at the start isn’t the one at the end 😉 I still have the tatty one

Just took it's third ride.
I really like the way this one rides.
Nothing like the smoothness of freshly built wheels :).
I have been busy at work, so I only get to ride at night now.

Attachments

• 78 Third Ride.JPG
    78 Third Ride.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 58
  • 79 Third Ride.JPG
    79 Third Ride.JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 90 Third Ride.JPG
    90 Third Ride.JPG
    591.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 91 Third Ride.JPG
    91 Third Ride.JPG
    620.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 92 Third Ride.JPG
    92 Third Ride.JPG
    489.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 93 Third Ride.JPG
    93 Third Ride.JPG
    568.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 96 Third Ride.JPG
    96 Third Ride.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 97 Third Ride.JPG
    97 Third Ride.JPG
    600.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 98 Third Ride.JPG
    98 Third Ride.JPG
    620.6 KB · Views: 57
Turned out great, what does your girlfriend think of it?

Back