1984 Claud Butler Majestic 2 E-conversion

I decided to take the plunge and (rather than fabricating and brazing calliper lugs onto the spindly standard forks) fit the entire Gary Fisher assembly to the CBM2.
Trouble is, the stems etc. are different diameters so I spent a good while trying to fit square pegs into round holes before I realised the inserts on the Gary Fisher collars are the same diameter as the headstock (please feel free to correct my guesses at part names) on the CMB2 frame, AND that the inserts on the CMB2 collars with the bearing runs removed should provide enough material to act as internal joins between the old and new sections.
Sadly, after the welcome 2cm drop in height provided by the smaller diameter rims the dandy new forks have jacked the front up by an extra 4cm…

928152C5-35B0-4F6D-BF80-1E5F993726B6.jpeg F5515F1B-D53E-444E-8C6B-3CA419DF3A16.jpeg 0E79D81F-F667-4FCC-95E7-5FE6CEC0D540.jpeg

The biggest comfort improvement on mine was swapping out the forks for 700c Zoom shocks, pretty sure you can get them with disc brake mounts

Not sure what you mean regarding the headset parts, but you need a 1” steerer for the 1” headset on the Majestic. Mixing up headsets with spacers etc doesn’t sound very safe.

Just zoomed in…. Don’t do it. It’s an unsafe bodge…. The cheapest & simplest think is get the correct fitting forks, or a new wheel and use V-brakes. DB068DB3-F084-48A9-8A72-132E3C3F9FF3.jpeg 1F9567D5-8BBF-4C28-80BA-FCF31702AC8D.jpeg

Just zoomed in…. Don’t do it. It’s an unsafe bodge…. The cheapest & simplest think is get the correct fitting forks, or a new wheel and use V-brakes. View attachment 568818View attachment 568819
Oh, no, I wouldn’t leave it like this. It would be certain serious injury or death, depending on the oncoming traffic.
It was just taking pictures as I was thinking.
I have to leave-off for now, but I’ll update with what I come up with.
Those zoom shocks look great BTW. I’ll look at supplies over here as an alternative. I think I saw the photo of yours.

I’m closing in on a solution; I don’t need this whole kit, just the inserts to allow the fitting of my sprung forks. Someone must make them, but I haven’t had time to do a proper search… yet.

I’m not sure what you mean? That adaptor enables the use a threadless 1-1/8” stem onto a fork with a 1” threaded steering tubed. I can’t see how any of the components will help fit a 1-1/8” steering tube into a 1” head tube unless I’m missing something?
(ps sorry to sound like a negative Nancy, just trying to help)

I’m not sure what you mean? That adaptor enables the use a threadless 1-1/8” stem onto a fork with a 1” threaded steering tubed. I can’t see how any of the components will help fit a 1-1/8” steering tube into a 1” head tube unless I’m missing something?
You are helping Peachy!.
I’ll be back with some proper bike terminology and my plan. ;-)

The blindingly obvious has just whacked me in the forehead. 🙄

1” steerer suspension forks are either very expensive or very poor quality in these parts.
Speaking of parts… 4A7DA322-4296-4E56-AE6E-0544F51AADEE.jpeg

Back