1981 Chris Chance Criterium: 2011 RBUK Road Bike of the Year

A few recent pics from a weekend jaunt around Santa Barbara. Oh winter, be damned! (the low temp tonight in SB is actually lower than my former home in Connecticut...but that's just a fluke)

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

thats a truly lovely bike you have there and great to see some recognisable sights of Santa Barbara as well. My wife and i were married there 5 years ago.

yo-Nate-y":1y07nbaw said:
A few recent pics from a weekend jaunt around Santa Barbara. Oh winter, be damned! (the low temp tonight in SB is actually lower than my former home in Connecticut...but that's just a fluke)

IMG_3977.jpg

Easily my favorite road bike; beautiful. As for Santa Barbara... man, it's cold here 19* this morning :evil:

nice indeed. Was admiring the bike then saw the Misson photos - I was a UCSB exchange student around 10yrs ago - wow what an awesome place to ride! You gonna take that out on the BathHouse ride?

I know the pain of an Eastern winter all too well :)
I think I still have post-traumatic stress from it...but when ever it seems to set in, the sun comes out!

UCSB must have been an awesome place to study abroad (....or several!....I'll get me coat). I haven't done any of the Bath House rides yet, just going solo.

I live near Cottage/Samarkand, and so far my courses are 1) the quick one down Las Positas, past Hendry's, then up and around Hope Ranch; 2) up San Roque Rd to Foothill/Cathedral Oaks/Rt 192 then out all the way to the end of Goleta at Bacara and back on Hollister or the coast trail bike path; and the longest 3) up Alamar to Foothill, then up to the Botanical Gardens, then back down to Foothill/Rt 192 which I take all the way out to Montecito and cut to the coast toward Summerland on Sheffield or Toro Cyn Rd, then return closer to the coast.

All have been great-- I also did a ride up on El Camino Cielo up on the ridge line, but only once so far. But alas, I've been doing all my longer road rides on the IF. I think the Chance would be really fun on the Hope Ranch ride and #2 in particular though.

If anyone has recommendations of local rides worth checking out I'd love to hear them!

Back