1975 Claud Butler Electron - 531

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Peachy!":1s9xxszu said:
She looks spot on... if you don’t put it in RBotM I will ;)

Ha! Yeah, why not. I've cleaned the front wheel and trued the rear, flushed and re-greased the front hub.

Will take some photos tomorrow on the way to work and add to RBoTM - if I haven't already missed the deadline?

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Not quite finished - but close. Needs a couple of replacement top tube decals and the freewheel could do with being removed and stripped/cleaned/lubed for completeness.

Front wheel hub shenanigans......considering I couldn't turn the axle easily by hand - it was that gummed up - I feared the worse. It's actually perfect under the hardened grease......all flushed with petrol to degrease and then reassembled with fresh lube.

HSQmzo7l.jpg

BtJcUBxl.jpg

7u7e5w0l.jpg

Initial ride - took some pics

GxR9Whll.jpg

jot2Vf9l.jpg

Pleased with how this has cleaned up.......love it to bits.

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Excellent work.... and those beach huts take me back... it's a been a long time since I walked down there...too long.

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Peachy!":2w50j6jv said:
Excellent work.... and those beach huts take me back... it's a been a long time since I walked down there...too long.

Were you a regular visitor to Shoebury common / Thorpe Bay at some point then Chris? Nice place to go and park up and have a cuppa and a stroll on the beach for sure (or photograph bikes....whatever takes your fancy.)

Absolutely made up to win RBoTM with this...........and I've done nothing with it since! Poor show.

I ordered a set of decals recently for another project from HLloyd and tacked on a couple of replacements for the Electron. The top tube script is knackered on both sides....and Steve at HLloyd was good enough to supply the standard Electron decal (Black/Gold lining) with the colours reversed - as it is on my year of Electron.

Nice little improvement........

geI3UgSh.jpg

YqH6QRJh.jpg

Lpr4IwWh.jpg

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Oh yes great memories, although probably spent more time at my Aunt’s in Leigh-on-Sea.... and arseing about on the Black water on my uncles sailing dingy... happy 70’s & 80’s half terms & bank holidays....