1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur #9081 (Entente cordiale)

Peachy!":10flfe0u said:
Cheers Allen, just need to re-fit the rack mount onto the other side of the brake bridge to flatten it out...
I do hate a sloppy rack! :shock:

Indeed, comes with age I'm told.

I know its irrelevant really but is that a Suntour mech up front? If so wouldn't a nice VX or similar be more in keeping?

allenh":nk6n7k1h said:
Peachy!":nk6n7k1h said:
Cheers Allen, just need to re-fit the rack mount onto the other side of the brake bridge to flatten it out...
I do hate a sloppy rack! :shock:

Indeed, comes with age I'm told.

I know its irrelevant really but is that a Suntour mech up front? If so wouldn't a nice VX or similar be more in keeping?

Yes it’s a 70’s Suntour Compe-V, in great condition & working order, not sure if an 80’s VX would be anymore in keeping, what’s your reasoning Allen?

Not that I’m against using a VX, I’ve got a full group left over from my Majestic waiting for the right frame, I only really used the Compe as I wanted to bring some kit over from his last tourer (the orange Cavalier) so he’d feel more at home (stem, bars, brake levers oh & the rack) & was planning on using the matching rear mech until he asked for SIS (I blame Legrandfromage)

Peachy!":3ewmakiy said:
Yes it’s a 70’s Suntour Compe-V, in great condition & working order, not sure if an 80’s VX would be anymore in keeping, what’s your reasoning Allen?

Not that I’m against using a VX, I’ve got a full group left over from my Majestic waiting for the right frame, I only really used the Compe as I wanted to bring some kit over from his last tourer (the orange Cavalier) so he’d feel more at home (stem, bars, brake levers oh & the rack) & was planning on using the matching rear mech until he asked for SIS (I blame Legrandfromage)
No reason really and not necessarily a VX, I just thought the SIS looked out of place with the front mech and the rest of the bike. You could go the other way round of course and I'm sure I've got a box of new SIS fronts somewhere in the garage if you wanted to even it up.

allenh":3i6xp3te said:
Peachy!":3i6xp3te said:

No reason really and not necessarily a VX, I just thought the SIS looked out of place with the front mech and the rest of the bike. You could go the other way round of course and I'm sure I've got a box of new SIS fronts somewhere in the garage if you wanted to even it up.

Interesting idea, I’d like to see what you’ve got Allen, I’ve sent you a PM... although these stem mounted levers are friction on the FD side, so I’m not sure it’ll make any difference?

Great ride out with lad yesterday afternoon.... :D FDE75179-4A5C-4649-B698-BD6722879D3D.jpeg 684AAE70-9522-4F4F-8E4E-92CA0A9635C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back