Your favourite tyre

Always had a soft spot for the wtb velociraptor, especially the rear. The central tread looked like a row of buckets to drag the crud away. My first proper bike was a '96 GT backwoods so came fitted with a pair which was a nice bonus at the time.

Re:

Fat traxx 2.2 was first love. Put wood screws in a set of farmer johns for winter bogging as they weren't good for much else :p Ritchey quad's 1.5 for dry races and green belt paths. Smoke/ dart in late 80's/ early 90's. Loved them; all around goodness. Mythos in the 90's.
Getting back into the mtb, so trying to figure out what too go with!?!

My favourite tyre has and always will be the onza porcupine, I bought them with my own pocket money from Harry Halls in Manchester.

The best tyre from the era was probably the Umma Gumma ones mentioned above, but as they lasted about three weeks in the hands of a teenager my dad refused to buy them.

Re:

Onza porcupines are top of my list closely followed by conti cross-country 1.5s and megabites. Got a set of fire xc pros in the cupboard for the next build, but don't know what they'll be like to ride.

Worst tyres are the hutchinson pythons I got on my giant nrs, damn things puncture for a passtime.

Re:

I'm liking the Continental Town & Country on my Pace for road use, roll nicely but keep it looking like a MTB......not really a fan of MTB's on low profile slicks. The Kenda Klimax Lite previously were lovely off road in the dry.

Latest posts

Back