Your favourite tyre

Re:

When I didn't know any better I thought any of the Farmer John family couldn't be bettered! Then Smoke and Dart were a revelation replaced later by Continental Cross Country in 2.1. Bontrager Jones were really fast too.

Re:

The original Specialized ground controls were the first tires I could use all year round, but Tioga Factory Muds were amazing in mud, squirmy on anything else though

I prefere Maxxis HighRoller... I used it long long time ago when I was riding downhill, but I try it in smaller sizes too (26x2.1/1.9) in XC - they were working great. SuperTacky (42a), 70a etc...

Next one is Kenda Nevegal Stick E and John Tomac Signature Series... :)

I remember Tioga Tire series; Blue Dragon, White Tiger, Yellow Kirin, Red Phoenix, Black Turtle - names of this tire and "logo"/picture of them walls was cool :)

Re:

When I was doing xc in the mid ninties I loved the Smoke and dart combo, I then used the Panaracer XC magic(biscuit coloured)

Then late ninties I went over to riding dh then for me it was the Michelin Wildgripper DH and Panaracer spikes for wet, Moved onto Michelin Comp 16 and 24 finally on to the maxxis highroller, which I still love now and find to be a pretty good all round trail tyre

JonTom":3bxo5v3k said:
I've just left a comment on another thread and confessed to having a favourite tyre. Before you pity me, I reckon you've probably got one too, so let's hear it.

I'll kick-off with the Panaracer Smoke and Dart. I bought my first pair in 1995 and have loved them ever since. Predictable? Perhaps?

Over to you.

And apologies if this thread has been posted previously.

Re:

Just encountered some Panaracer Smoke/Dart Cross Blue. Never seen them before, but I quite like them!

Latest posts

Back