Yeti ARC restoration - My #1 'want' bike since 1991

Re:

In the end, one axle was good to go. The other axle had the correct thread for it to be mounted to the cranks, but the wrong threads for the axle to go into the pedal. Since this was a NOS part from 20+ years ago, I just ended up with one Ti axle and a neat Ti paperweight.

Oh, well. I guess it will be the small things like this that will set my bike apart from others and make it uniquely mine. :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_8428.JPG
    IMG_8428.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 666
  • zIMG_8415 - Copy.JPG
    zIMG_8415 - Copy.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 666
Nice!

If I've read the previous page corr frog you've just pushed the rivnuts in and used glue to secure them?

Rivnuts do need to be set using a tool which compresses them in a similar way to a conventional rivet which gives a tight fit.

There are a few different tools and it's an easy enough process if you take it steady
https://youtu.be/KeaMsvai0FA

This bike is going to be awesome!

st":3s3ytf0y said:
Nice!

If I've read the previous page corr frog you've just pushed the rivnuts in and used glue to secure them?

Rivnuts do need to be set using a tool which compresses them in a similar way to a conventional rivet which gives a tight fit.

There are a few different tools and it's an easy enough process if you take it steady
https://youtu.be/KeaMsvai0FA

This bike is going to be awesome!

----

Huh. Whatta know. Ya learn something every day. Thanks st!!!!
Much appreciated on sharing the knowledge. I thought they were just a press fit in. I've got it done right now. Found another YT video that showed a tool that I could make myself and not have to fork out even more $$$. Here's a link to the vid I watched for those looking to do the same and to do it cheap. I copied their 'special' installation tool design, went to Lowes Home Improvement and spent less then $3 to make my own tool and it worked perfectly!

https://youtu.be/3Og-tHIR_0I

Attachments

• IMG_8440.JPG
    IMG_8440.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 619
Re:

Making progress and getting closer to being ridden.
Task for this weekend is to install the headset.

Attachments

• IMG_8342b.JPG
    IMG_8342b.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_8342a.JPG
    IMG_8342a.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 613
Re:

....and headset done.
In regards to how often they pop up for availability & sale, I'm not too up to date on the availability and conveniences of picking up a threaded 1 1/4" headset (h/s). I spent some time looking for an old black no logo h/s, but no luck at the time I was looking. So, I just went the easy route and found one on Amazon. To keep it genuine, it should be a no logo CK or a Kingsbury, but all that's available at this time is the sotto voce. But no regrets cuz it's a quality CK h/s.

Attachments

• IMG_8395.JPG
    IMG_8395.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_8394.JPG
    IMG_8394.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 581
Re:

...getting there, making forward progress. Just some small items left.
...chain, cables, grips, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_8400.JPG
    IMG_8400.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_8399.JPG
    IMG_8399.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_8397a.JPG