XT headset logo's which way ?

Re:

From the Shimano tech docs it says, it depends on the frame. Symptoms of the wrong way would be rough spots or grinding. Their solution is to turn it 90 degrees and write a note on the instruction manual for the frame.

;)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":v3lirx8d said:
From the Shimano tech docs it says, it depends on the frame. Symptoms of the wrong way would be rough spots or grinding. Their solution is to turn it 90 degrees and write a note on the instruction manual for the frame.

;)

Exactly, remove it rotate and reinstall to avoid notches, so if it's a used one install it anyway you want to avoid this

Re:

This sounds like a whole world of torment way above the alignment of hubs, valves, rims and tyre decals. My XT logo was facing forward but I'm now spared the dilemma as the decals have weathered off. You could also have them side facing but which side do you have the logo facing?

Side to side, which is exactly what I like front to back.
XT logo looks great underlining a nice H/T badge.

always side to side, unless it's used and a cup with cable rub that can be hidden facing rear! ;)

Re:

I've got an XT headset that I installed side to side, an FSA which is front and back and others which thankfully don't have logos :LOL: I'm about to install an STX headset (when I can find it :facepalm: ) and the problem with them is that the logos are on the threaded race and therefore their position is in the lap of the gods. I think I might just use something else :cool:

Re: Re:

michael franks":n44jbc29 said:
I'm about to install an STX headset (when I can find it :facepalm: ) and the problem with them is that the logos are on the threaded race and therefore their position is in the lap of the gods. I think I might just use something else :cool:

Check that the 'cup' and nut (with the thread) are not separate parts that will turn independently. I thought the same was the case for the Tioga Avenger but you can actually turn the part with the logo on it once its tightened up to get the logo facing the correct way.

Christ! we're a sad lot aren't we? :D

Re:

cherrybomb":1fe3owvb said:
michael franks":1fe3owvb said:
I'm about to install an STX headset (when I can find it :facepalm: ) and the problem with them is that the logos are on the threaded race and therefore their position is in the lap of the gods. I think I might just use something else :cool:

Check that the 'cup' and nut (with the thread) are not separate parts that will turn independently. I thought the same was the case for the Tioga Avenger but you can actually turn the part with the logo on it once its tightened up to get the logo facing the correct way.

Yeah I did think that it might be possible to turn the logo ring independently of the nut but the thought didn't occur to me until today. But I've got to find the thing to find out :oops:

And as far as this goes:

Christ! we're a sad lot aren't we? :D

...and don't we absolutely love it :D

Back