Would love to find out more about this bike- looks Retro:)

not sure about the subframe :? as far as i've thought the older ones had round bars and the newer ones had hollow/pressed ones ?

heres me a couple of months ago pissing about :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

bigeck-1.jpg

and the new gold spank bars :D

IMG_0305.jpg

F@ck yea!!!! thats the machine that started off the whole DH rig world for me.

Was never gonna be able to afford one but new that was the way ahead.

Only really seen them in red or polished. Orange looks the dogs!!

the whole package looks damn mean with the triples and bash protectors

no doubt you will see some admiring and some envious eyes when out and about!!

Do you take it to Innerlithen or glentress??

cheers for the info on the Saracen, have never seen the white 'Addiction' do you know if it was higher spec than the Rush??

Throttleton":1az74qqa said:
cheers for the info on the Saracen, have never seen the white 'Addiction' do you know if it was higher spec than the Rush??

£3000+ apparently, still cheaper than the equivalent FOES at the time.

If I remember correctly the Boxxer fork was £1600 retail on its own.

Yea as opposed to using the good but ridiculously rare part Stratos forks and rear shock lol.

Monocoque frames seems beefy and the Risse rear end was on some other decent bikes like a Norco and intense maybe????

cheers again guys for the efforts

LGF going by the forks it's an 02, those were the only year the forks were electric red ( I have 2 pairs in bits in the garage at the moment)

The were £999 full retail, I paid £600 for mine new in 02 and £190 for the second set in 05.

Those Saracens were takes on the Intense M1 and I think the Athertons may have ridden them (or M1's badged as Saracens) very early in their careers....

boxxer":135t9xg4 said:
LGF going by the forks it's an 02, those were the only year the forks were electric red ( I have 2 pairs in bits in the garage at the moment)

The were £999 full retail, I paid £600 for mine new in 02 and £190 for the second set in 05.

Those Saracens were takes on the Intense M1 and I think the Athertons may have ridden them (or M1's badged as Saracens) very early in their careers....

Yeah, blimey, what a trip back in time!

I wish I still had my MBUKs, they were advertised there. My mate had the XC version and offered it to me in exchange for whateveritwasiwasriding at the time.

Old dh bikes are the way to go. The heavy tank like dh bikes of the past make the perfect high end ebike today. I have a balfa bb7 (2000) for this purpose

Middle of the three DH bikes saracen did in 98-2k. Goldtec did the rear linkage plates but not sure if they all came with them. £600 frame, If i remeber right these were about £2000 and the rush I think was £3000
Should have 3 - 4.5 - 6 inch travel
Pretty sure you could upgrade the travel to 8"
The bit that was the let down for me was the seat tube area, the rest is square and angular then that looks like an "oh shit we forgot about the seat" mistake

Latest posts

Back