Anyone Know Anything About Dawes One Track's?

Blumpking

Dirt Disciple
Found a Dawes One Track (year unknown), it has handmade on it and I know its 500 tubing but apart from that, I know and can find nothing about them and the quality. If anyone has any opinions or info they can share, I would be very much appreciated!

Cheers all!

Reynolds 500 = perfectly serviceable tubing - yet not a performance lightweight tubeset really. It'll most likely have serviceable components hanging from it, which may or may not be in great condition. If the bike is to serve its purpose - transport - and it's the right size, then if it's in OK condition it'll not be a bad bike. If it's in great condition it'll probably be a better bike (maybe with a bit of TLC) than a lower-end brand new Halfords jobbie.
If you're wanting a lightweight thing to take adventuring then probably look elsewhere. I'm not saying it wouldn't go off-road, but it'll be a bit of a lump.

Reynolds 500 = perfectly serviceable tubing - yet not a performance lightweight tubeset really. It'll most likely have serviceable components hanging from it, which may or may not be in great condition. If the bike is to serve its purpose - transport - and it's the right size, then if it's in OK condition it'll not be a bad bike. If it's in great condition it'll probably be a better bike (maybe with a bit of TLC) than a lower-end brand new Halfords jobbie.
If you're wanting a lightweight thing to take adventuring then probably look elsewhere. I'm not saying it wouldn't go off-road, but it'll be a bit of a lump.
Thanks for this, will probably give it a miss then!

Dawes MTBs are a steal, but for little more you can get something really special. Look for a Dawes Edge, a fair few about and every bit as good as revered models such as the Stumpjumper or Explosif.

Probably be a `92 model if its Reynolds 500. This was my 1st year working in a Dawes retailer i seem to remember them selling
for £299 ish. Think they were specced with Shimano 200gs sti. I did have a later `94 model which had Dawes own Cro-mo Frame not Reynolds.
Dawes Mountain bike range from 1992-93 are some of the nicest retro British bikes around, Edge, Off limits etc.. but hard to find as didn`t sell in vast numbers.
I would certainly buy the One Track:)

Back