Workshop/Workspace... Show us yours!

Chaos is my passion
Note: I am agile, lose tools less often than you’d think, have photographic memory and baby the valuable frames. That row of bikes is neatly positioned. I’m 18 and unable to afford proper storage lol

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    681.2 KB · Views: 81
Nice space @Neko !

...and it reminds me that I used no bench to work on my bikes and also no bike stand from age 12 till about 5 years ago!

I did most of my work on the floor...even if I had a bench and a bike stand four about 5 years at some point.. 🫣 🤯

There is something that's working for me when I am spreading out on the floor all the parts and tools I am using...I can't do that on the bench so easily or I get lost in it's chaos but surprisingly this doesn't happen when everything is on the floor!

Now well into my 40s, back pains came knocking recently and they asked for a proper bench and a bike stand of course.

Make sure you have stretching excercises in your daily routine and you will be fine for quite some time if you want to continue this way...

I'm sure there was a thread like this years back, but I can't find it... @eshew reminded me after their pic in the pic only thread.

Go on, show us your cave, your basement, your shed. Must have retro content, mess, clutter and disorganisation is allowed!!
I am waaaay too embarrassed by the state of my cave currently. I'm not a naturally tidy person but the mess is out of hand at the moment after a few fork & shock refreshes and a couple of dry-run builds!

I am waaaay too embarrassed by the state of my cave currently. I'm not a naturally tidy person but the mess is out of hand at the moment after a few fork & shock refreshes and a couple of dry-run builds!
Honestly, for me it doesn't matter how messy is your workspace...most important thing is that YOU can find your way around and work. 😊

Yeah, i totally agree but the point is I'm not really able to work effectively in there any more as it's got too cluttered.

I'm also in the no bench/stand club although I do use a bench now for working on small parts, working on the floor has just been the way it is for me since childhood & actually is easier for certain jobs too. Will get a photo when I've shoved a few bits to one side and cleaned up the cat biscuits that went west this morning (It's a shared space, workshop come cat bedroom)

Pretty average space you have there Carl! 🤣😜

Joking aside that is one AMAZING space, but I know it's taken you years and years of hard work to get it to what you currently have.

Question. How did you get hold of the big klunker print?

Also where's the bed??? 😜

Back