Winter glove recommendations

Oh, FWIW a good jacket will make a significant difference too. Warm arms/core = warm hands.

The gloves are chiba, three layers, hard wearing "glovey" outer, fleece inner and a water/wind proof breatheable membrane in the middle.

Current equivalent appears to be thermo or premium winter.

Re:

Defeet gloves are good ... from wiggle.

DeFeet-Etouch-Gloves-Long-Finger-Gloves-Black-AW14-DEF-GLVETBLK101-S.jpg

A hardcore and super cheap option are British Army Arctic Goretex gloves. For sure, they are no lookers (they only come in olive green) - but even the base shell is warm and dry enough for most days in the UK. Add in the liners, and put it this way, I saw the guy accompanying the Blue Peter lass to the South pole by bike wearing some. Not huge amounts of dexterity - but I've never had any problems with shifters (they even come with a trigger finger slot).

Re:

Our local army surplus closed last year! :facepalm:

I have apair of those woolen defeet gloves. No good in the cold. May try with latex ones inside

Mike

I've got a pair of the chiba too they work for me not cheap mind :roll: but haven't suffered in the cold :) and have no problem shifting and i used them for all cycling duties in the winter had them 2 years and still in good order :D

mattr":2lfwx5i5 said:
Oh, FWIW a good jacket will make a significant difference too. Warm arms/core = warm hands.

I'm fine with a windproof over my LYCRA! :LOL:
I'll have a look for the gloves though, cheers Matt

Re:

I have a pair of the army gloves but in camo. Put them down somwhere and cant find them.

kingbling":930rknbp said:
I've got a pair of the chiba too they work for me not cheap mind :roll: but haven't suffered in the cold :) and have no problem shifting and i used them for all cycling duties in the winter had them 2 years and still in good order :D
I bought mine when i still lived in the UK, so they are at least 10 years old, more likely 12 or 13.

Mike Muz 67":3u8i0uq6 said:
I'm fine with a windproof over my LYCRA! :LOL:
You'd be surprised how much going from something like a windproof over lycra to an insulated softshell makes.......

I'm using gore or assos over here, and one of them is good enough for -10 with just a long sleeve base under it, the other one needs a long and a short sleeve.

Back