windows 7

its far better than vista imo, been using it for a while and i havent had one problem yet. go for it i would say, £60 upgrade sounds like good value to me.

rosstheboss":274bhiv6 said:
Is it any good, or more to the point is it £60 (for the upgrade version at tescos) better than vista? Or is it too soon to tell?

One word of advice: don't do an upgrade. I've used upgrade versions before and I've always had trouble afterwards as there are old files from the previous version left on the hd. It may cost more but the full version with a clean install is better (ie wipe the hd and start from scratch). If you buy the Professional, Business, Academic or Ultimate versions the XP compatibility mode (basically XP Lite) comes as a free download when it's available, otherwise you have to pay for it (not sure how much though).

I'd say that Windows 7 is between XP and Vista in terms of performance and boot times.

Imo Windows 7 is what Vista should have been before MS rushed it onto the market after axing most of the advanced features.

I was in at my local PC shop and the Guy was running it at the time. His opinion was if I was happy with XP then leave as is just now and wait till the bugs are fixed.

I'd leave it, at least for a while.

Generally, it's better not to be the first adopter of anything like an operating system.

chris667":3jmi9wbw said:

Generally, it's better not to be the first adopter of anything like an operating system.

have to disagree, i like ot be the leader and not the follower - yes you hit the humps first, but then you talk with more authority when asked.

mattbrown":1ggjazfc said:
chris667":1ggjazfc said:

have to disagree, i like ot be the leader and not the follower - yes you hit the humps first, but then you talk with more authority when asked.

:LOL: :LOL: you have broken my geek meter. :LOL:

ha ha quality listen to you and your authority ,, i nearly got it for the boys pc i got from work but managed to finally get past the work securtiy and network log in stuff and now have xp on both so wont change for a while, unless there is a definate gaming advantage to be had then ill bin my pc guts and rebuild it ,, secretly of course , keep the same tower, she wont notice a thing ;)

Back